Greg Rikaart — A Biography
Greg Rikaart was born in Brooklyn, New York, and raised in Staten Island. Rikaart moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream to become an actor, quickly began training with the famed Howard Fine.
Greg started filling up his resume with roles on such shows as Felicity, Strong Medicine, Gilmore Girls, Grounded for Life, That’s Life, and As If, before landing the recurring role of David on Dawson’s Creek in 2003.
Later that same year, the role of the troubled Kevin Fisher came up. Rikaart originally signed on to play Michael’s bad boy brother for only 10 episodes, but the fans connected to his portrayal and he was soon placed on contract.
Greg continued stretching his wings, adding appearances in such productions as Prey For Rock & Roll, X-Men 2, The Closer, CSI: Miami, Wannabe, Imaginary Bitches, Bones, and Major Crimes, while juggling Kevin’s journey on Y&R. In 2018, he spent a few months on Days of our Lives as smarmy Leo Stark and will soon reprise that role.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
- February 26, 1977— Birthdate
- Graduated with honors from Villanova University in Pennsylvania.
- While attending college, Rikaart interned for a semester for a congressman in Washington, D.C..
- Won the Human Rights Visibility Award in 2014.
- He loves Billy Joel.
- When he is not working, he loves hiking, yoga, watching movies, and mountain biking.