Mishael Morgan — A Biography
Mishael Morgan was born on July 15, 1986, in San Fernando, Trinidad. Her parents moved the family to the United States to allow their children more opportunities growing up.
By age 10, Morgan was bit by the acting bug during her school’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
After a life-changing car accident at 19, Mishael made the decision to pursue acting more vigorously. A chance meeting with her future agent, David Ritchie, sealed the deal.
She scored the role in Trey Songz “Wonder Woman” on her first audition. Other roles quickly followed such as M.V.P., The Love Guru, The Best Years, and Family Biz.
Mishael landed a few small roles in Double Wedding, Covert Affairs, Casino Jack, Awakening before signing on to play Chandra O’Neill in the Republic of Doyle and snagging a role in the remake of Total Recall in 2012.
In 2013, Morgan scored the recurring role of Maya on Backpackers. She continued to build her resume, adding credits such as Supernatural, The Listener, Dark Rising: Warrior of Worlds, Swearnet: The Movie, Night Cries, and Hometown Holiday.
Morgan joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as fan-favorite Hilary Curtis in 2013. The character was killed off in July 2018, Mishael returned to Genoa City in the role of a mysterious lawyer in 2019.
Mishael married her husband, Navid Ali, in May of 2012. They have a son, Niam Ali, and a daughter, Naliyah.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers.
- July 15, 1986 — Birthdate
- Is the daughter of Michael and Sharon Lee Morgan; she has an older sister, Maggris, and a younger sister, Monique.
- Her mother has 17 brothers and sisters which means Mishael has lots of cousins.
- When Morgan was 5 years old, her parents relocated the family to New York, but later moved to Toronto, which they considered safer.
- In the 6th grade, she wrote a speech about annoying sisters.
- At 19, broke her neck in a car accident in Trinidad. She reevaluated her future and decided she needed to take more risks, which meant leaving law school to be an actress.
- Married Navid Ali on May 27, 2012.
- Gave birth to her first child at age 29, son Niam Ali on August 9, 2015, eight days prematurely. Child’s father is her husband, Navid Ali.
- Her Y&R co-star, Christel Khalil, co-hosted her baby shower.