Birth Name: Melissa Brennan
Birth Place: Eatontown, New Jersey, United States
Born in Eatontown, New Jersey, Reeves dreamed of becoming a dancer as child. She traveled to New York daily to train with Phil Black and soon began studying theater at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
JOIN SOAPHUB INSIDER: Get Monthly Fireside Chats With Popular Soap Stars
She was cast in the HBO movie Somewhere, Tomorrow with Sarah Jessica Parker in 1983. The following year she auditioned for and won the role of Jade Perkins on Santa Barbara. When the gig ended in 1985, she was offered the part of Jennifer Horton on Days of our Lives. It was there that she met her future husband Scott Reeves (ex-Jake).
Reeves and her family left Los Angeles for Nashville in 2006 to move onto a five-acre farm. They returned to California in 2009, when Scott landed a role on General Hospital. In 2010, Reeves resumed her role as Jennifer on Days.
The Reeves clan currently divides their time between homes in Los Angeles and Nashville.
- Got her big break in 1983, when she cast as Georgina in the HBO movie Somewhere, Tomorrow.
- Landed her first contract role as Jade Perkins on Santa Barbara in 1984.
- Began what would become an on-and-off 30 year gig, when she signed to play Jennifer on Days in 1985.
- In 1999, Reeves and her husband co-starred in the ABC TV movie Half a Dozen Babies, playing real-life couple Keith and Becky Dilley, who successfully delivered sextuplets.
- Her father, Larry Brennan, is a radio broadcaster.
- Her son was named after her father, Lawrence, and her brother, David.
- Her brother, David, has a daughter he named after Melissa.
- Has a cousin, Elizabeth Percy, who is also an actress.
- Lawrence Brennan – Father
- Marion Brennan – Mother
- David Brennan – Brother
- Scott Reeves – Husband
- Emily Taylor Reeves – Daughter
- Lawrence David Reeves – Son
SHORT BIO BLURB
Melissa Reeves started out with dreams of being a dancer, commuting from New Jersey to Manhattan while training. She added acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
An agent convinced her to fly to Los Angeles to audition for Santa Barbara and she won the role of Jade Perkins, which lasted about a year. NBC loved Reeves and signed her to play Jennifer Horton on Days of Our Lives. She was just 18 years old. It was there that Melissa stole the heart of America and her future husband, Scott Reeves, who played Jake Hogansen.
Melissa Reeves Photos
Actor (5 Credits)
Days of Our Lives (TV Show)
13203 — 2017
13202 — 2017
13201 — 2017
Santa Barbara (TV Show)Jade Perkins
Days of our Lives Friday (TV Show)
Days of our Lives Monday (TV Show)
Days of our Lives Wednesday (TV Show)
Guest (1 Credits)
Soap Talk (TV Show)
Days of Our Lives 40th Anniversary — 2005
Soap Talk — 2005
Subject (person only) (1 Credits)
Soapography (TV Show)
Ingo Rademacher & Melissa Reeves — 20052005