Birth Name: Lauren Alice Koslow
Birth Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Lauren Koslow always knew she wanted to pursue the arts; however, not necessarily as an actress. She studied at the University of Massachusetts before transferring to Virginia Tech, where she received a degree in Theater, specializing in costume design.
Upon graduation, she began working as a costume designer with a summer stock theater company. Her career segued when she was asked to audition for the role of Vera in a production of Ten Little Indians. Soon, she was acting full-time.
Koslow eventually moved to Los Angeles, where she was cast in the movie, Hard to Hold. Guest spots on an array of primetime series followed. She made her daytime debut on The Young and the Restless, where she met future husband, makeup artist Nick Schillace.
Following a gig as fashion designer Margo Lynley on The Bold and the Beautiful, Koslow landed her third soap, Days of our Lives, in 1996. She’s been happily playing vixen Kate Roberts ever since.
Koslow and her family reside on a farm in the San Fernando Valley with a menagerie of pets including dogs, chickens and horses.
- March 9, 1953 — Birthdate
- Her mother was a docent, with a strong love of colonial life.
- Got her big break in the Rick Springfield movie, Hard to Hold, in which she is credited as Band Friend #1.
- Made her daytime television debut as the scheming Lindsey Wells on The Young and the Restless in 1984.
- After playing Lindsey Wells on The Young and the Restless, the Bells asked Lauren to join The Bold and the Beautiful as an original cast member in 1987. She played Eric Forrester’s design assistant Margo Lynley.
- Has a macaw that was a gift from Tori Spelling.
- Lives on a ranch with her husband, children and a menagerie of animals.
- Linda Koslow — Sister
- Donald Koslow — Brother
- Nick Schillace — Spouse
- Zachariah Koslow-Schillace — Son
- Emilia Katari (Milli-Kate) Koslow- Schillace — Daughter
Lauren Koslow started her career in regional theater, and moved to Los Angeles to try her hand at film and television. Koslow met a producer from The Young and the Restless while in acting class, who encouraged her to audition for the show.
Not only did Lauren win the role of Lindsey Wells but she met her future husband, Nick Schillace, in the makeup department.
Roles on Spies, The Nanny, Silk Stockings, and The Bold and the Beautiful followed before Koslow landed the coveted role of Kate Roberts on Days of Our Lives.
Lauren Koslow Photos
Actor (8 Credits)
Days of Our Lives (TV Show)
13203 — 2017
13202 — 2017
13201 — 2017
Great News (TV Show)
War Is Hell — 20172017
Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (TV Show)
See No Evil — 2011Allison Gilroy 2011
Spies (TV Show)
Radar Love — 1987Karen 1987
The Bold and the Beautiful (TV Show)Margo Linley
Days of our Lives Friday (TV Show)
Days of our Lives Monday (TV Show)
Days of our Lives Wednesday (TV Show)
Guest (3 Credits)
Woof! It's a Dog's Life (TV Show)
Woof! It's a Dog's Life — 20022002
Wheel of Fortune (TV Show)
Soap City Week — 20012001
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus (TV Show)
She's Pregnant and Driving Me Crazy — 20002000