Joshua Morrow — A Biography
Joshua Morrow was born in Juneau, Alaska, where his father Kem was stationed as a Coast Guard. After his parents divorced, he moved to Oklahoma with his father and sister Jamie. In high school, Joshua made the move to live with his mother in Los Angeles, where acting landed on his radar.
Morrow joined the Young Artists Ensemble in Thousand Oaks, California. He had roles in several plays before starting at Moorpark College, where he majored in communications and minored in theater. A talent scout spotted him in a local play titled “Staring into the Abyss.”
Joshua was introduced to the director of The Bold and the Beautiful, where he auditioned for a role. He didn’t score that role, it was a big break in itself. In 1994, he auditioned for their sister soap and got the part — Nick Newman, the son of business tycoon Victor Newman.
Morrow quickly fit right in with the veteran cast and won over long-time fans as well. Soon, another soap super couple was born when the character of Sharon Collins was cast. Nick and Sharon’s chemistry rivaled the established veterans keeping their storyline front-burner.
Joshua spread his wings and started tackling primetime and film roles, alongside his daytime job. He added credits such as The Nanny, My Stepson My Lover, Two Million Stupid Women, The Stafford Project, Tentacle 8, Golden Shoes, and A Killer Walks Amongst.
Morrow had another hidden talent and it was big– Joshua could sing and dance. He formed a boy band, 3Deep, with Y&R castmate Eddie Cibrian and friend CJ Huyer from 1999 – 2001. The band enjoyed huge success in Canada, considered one of the most successful boy bands of the era, also enjoyed success in Europe and Asia, but remained virtually unknown in America.
Joshua resides in Los Angeles with his wife Tobe and four kids, sons Cooper, Crew, and Cash, and daughter Charlie Jo.
Follow him on Instagram @joshuamorrowyr and on Twitter @JoshuaMorrowYR.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
- February 8, 1974— Birthdate
- Born in Alaska, but raised in Oklahoma.
- Wanted to be a professional baseball player and often plays in celebrity softball and basketball games.
- His parents divorced when he was young. His mother Rebecca married David Nichols and they have two daughters, Tracey and Alexis.
- His father, Kem, remarried to Elizabeth. He is very athletic as well and coaches.
- Married to Tobe Keeney since 2001, had three boys, Cooper, Crew, and Cash before finally adding a daughter, Charlie Jo, in 2012.
- Founding committee member of TV Cares, a charity fundraising arm of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Competed three times in the Long Beach Toyota Grand Prix and loved it.