Christian Jules LeBlanc — A Biography
Christian Jules LeBlanc was born in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Andre and Alice LeBlanc. The family eventually settled in New Orleans, which LeBlanc considers home. He is the second oldest of 8 siblings. Christian graduated from Jesuit High School on Banks Street in New Orleans.
LeBlanc studied ancient history and pre-med at Tulane University, where he graduated with honors. A run-in with a professional photographer, who thought Christian should consider a career in front of the camera, changed his life forever.
In 1984, Christian landed the recurring role of Kirk McColl on As The World Turns opposite Marisa Tomei. It wasn’t long before other roles followed on Riptide, Hotel, Cheers, In the Heat of the Night, Monsters, Gabriel’s Fire, Perry Mason: The Case of the Killer Kiss, and Red Shoes Diaries.
LeBlanc joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as bad-boy attorney Michael Baldwin in 1991.
Baldwin was so bad it was hard to imagine he would be redeemable in the fan’s eyes, yet under Christian’s deft portrayal they not only wanted to see him get his due punishment, but still wanted him to get the girl and, eventually, he did when Lauren Fenmore rocked his world.
Y&R writers soon gave Michael a family, adding troubled brother Kevin and over-the-top mother Gloria Fisher. The storylines gave Christian rich material to work with, earning him 12 Emmy nominations and 3 Emmy wins.
When he isn’t adding to his acting resume, Christian loves to paint, travel the world, studies genealogy, is active on social media, and meeting fans at various fan events.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers.
- August 25, 1958 — Birthdate
- Is one of eight siblings — he has five brothers and two sisters, and he is the second oldest.
- His father, retired Major Andre Victor LeBlanc, is a decorated U.S. Special Forces veteran.
- Once worked as a Donny Osmond look-a-like.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Appeared alongside his The Young and the Restless wife Tracey E. Bregman in the video for I Keep On Loving You by Reba McEntire in 2010.
- Is a skilled artist. He’s been drawing since he was a youngster and started sharing his art by drawing Wind in the Willows-style illustrations for his young nephews.
- His colorful pencil work has been shown in galleries in Los Angeles, Washington, DC, and New Orleans.