The custody battle between Victor and Nick has had one positive side effect — the return of Michael Baldwin on The Young and the Restless. The legal eagle’s been absent from Genoa City for too long!
If the custody battle over Christian continues we’re likely to see more of Michael, but if it doesn’t Soap Hub has five (count ’em, five!) ways that Y&R could work the three-time Emmy-winner onto the canvas that would make perfect sense!
5. District Attorney Baldwin. Maybe Christine (Lauralee Bell) could return to private practice allowing Michael to become the local prosecutor. He could go after Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) once her role in the death (“death”?) of J.T. (Thad Luckinbill) comes to light. Chris could defend Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott).
4. Scenes From A Marriage. Michael falls back in love with Chris, jeopardizing his union with Lauren (Tracey Bregman). As Chris is wed to Lauren’s ex, Paul (Doug Davidson), Y&R would have a quadrangle that could take on many dimensions.
3. #metoo. Y&R’s famous for addressing topical issues so maybe Michael could take on a case of sexual harassment if, for example, his mother Gloria (Judith Chapman) is accused of making a pass at a Jabot employee?
2. Cancer Sucks. Michael’s cancer went into remission a few years ago when a new writing regime came onto the show and chose to take the lawyer in a new direction. What if Michael’s condition recurred and he asks Paul to look after Lauren after he’s gone? Paul and Lauren fall back in love and then….Michael goes into remission!
1. Rebecca. Once, Michael hired a woman named Rebecca to drug and seduce Danny Romalotti (Michael Damian), Chris’ then-husband, hoping to weaken Chris’ sexual harassment case against him. Michael appeared to be the culprit when Dr. Scott Grainger (Peter Barton) told Michael that Rebecca had succumbed to injuries she sustained. Did Michael really do her in? Or is Rebecca alive? And if so….could she come back seeing revenge?
Any of these tales — or combination thereof — would be welcome as we’d see more of the Emmy-winning LeBlanc as a result! Y&R, what do you say?
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.