The reaction to Hilary and Devon’s plan to have a baby together (but not get back together) on The Young and the Restless (YR) has been near universal — extreme shock and disbelief!
The stalwart Genoa City lawyer innocently showed up at Hamilton Winters foolishly believing he was there to help the business partners hammer out some type of work-related contract. But no — these two (maniacs) giddily announced their (bizarre) baby news.
You have to hand it to the Michael, though. He kept his composure and even managed to remain professional when others like Lily (Christel Khalil) and later Mariah (Camryn Grimes) flat out lost it at the Hevon baby news.
Even though he kept it to himself, clearly Michael questioned the life choices that led him to the point where he found himself sitting at Hamilton Winters helping Hilary (Mishael Morgan) and Devon hammer out their co-parenting agreement.
Here are five things he’d rather have been doing (again) instead.
1. Representing Victor (Eric Braeden) after Victor kidnapped Jack and replaced him with Marco. Ultimately, Michael worked against his client, which resulted in his disbarment.
2. Separating from Lauren (Tracey Bregman) briefly after Dylan (Steve Burton) convinced him to represent Sharon when she stood accused of murdering Austin Travers and Courtney Sloane.
3. Getting slammed to the floor (and ending up in jail) during the drunken brawl at Nick’s (Joshua Morrow) bachelor party before Nick’s (umpteenth) wedding to Sharon (Sharon Case).
2. Representing Reed Hellstrom (Tristan Lake Leabu) in his DUI case when Reed’s then-girlfriend Mattie Ashby (Lexie Stevenson) burst in to “help”.
1. Getting the (joyous) surprise of Gloria (Judith Chapman) jumping out of a life-sized present for Christmas. Yay!
The Young and the Restless airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listing for air times.