When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic Ponders
Initially, this column was going to be filled to the brim with complaints over the insanity that was not only killing Nikolas Cassadine (Adam Huss) — and after the thorough hit job that had been done to the character — but the cavalier way in which the act was committed, and the corpse disposed of…but then Friday’s episode aired.
Remember how last week we discussed all those falling metaphorical anvils? Well, I couldn’t help but hear yet another resounding thud when Austin (Roger Howarth) went to such great pains to convince Ava (Maura West) that they shouldn’t reenact ‘The Trouble With Harry’.
Would someone else like to begin the countdown to Nikolas’s triumphant — or not — resurgence? No? Does it fall to me? …Alright. Five…Four…Three…Two…One…
Further GH Musings
* No Truer Words Etcetera Etcetera:
Ava: “Elizabeth’s ‘conscience’ tends to flare up at the most inopportune moments.”
Speaking of Elizabeth, if the point was to drive home exactly what it is that she stands to lose should she turn herself in to authorities, why wasn’t Elizabeth staring at a photograph that featured all three of her children? Has Jake’s existence been retconned?
* Enough with the Willow Tait deathbed watch!
* Man, I really wish that General Hospital would lean into Laura and Curtis’s friendship. What a great double act.
* Oh, operation ‘Bring Linc To Justice’ is still ongoing, huh? Yay?
* Though I am loath to suggest adding any more actors/characters to this already glutted canvas, I couldn’t help but look at Rico Ross [Dr. Sterling Robinson] and Gavin Houston [Zeke Robinson] — two fine gentlemen with more than passible acting skills — and think, get these two on contract STAT!
After all, Ross’s alter ego is a — way for it — DOCTOR, and I do believe that it would behoove a soap opera called General Hospital to beef up the staff of the titular institution. Plus, there’s no shortage of eligible ladies that Houston’s Zeke could woo – and possibly wound. The man did look like a bit of a heartbreaker, did he not?
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!