Amelia Heinle — A Biography
Amelia Heinle was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, the oldest of five siblings. They moved to New Jersey when she was 15. It was hard, but she credits the move with helping her to be a better actress.
Heinle won the role of Steffi Brewster on Loving while working as a hat check girl in Manhattan in 1993. The show was canceled in 1995, but she continued to play the popular character on the spin-off series The City. When that show was canceled in 1997, Amelia branched out into theatrical films and primetime television.
Heinle snagged such productions as Quicksilver Highway, At Sachem Farm, Black Cat Run, Purgatory, Liar’s Poker, Steven Soderbergh’s The Limey, Jack & Jill, and Earth Vs The Spider. In 2001, Amelia landed the role of Mia Saunders on All My Children.
Heinle left AMC in 2004 and found herself in Los Angeles stepping into the much sought-after role of Victoria Newman on The Young and the Restless. It was hard coming in and taking over a role made popular by Heather Tom, but she quickly won over fans and critics alike, earning back-to-back Daytime Emmys in 2014 and 2015.
Other additions to her resume include a critical turn as a victim of plastic surgery on CSI: Miami and as a Professor on Ghost Whisperer. Amelia spends her spare time with her three children in Los Angeles and raising money and awareness for Cancer.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers.
- March 17, 1973 — Birthdate
- Has four siblings.
- Amelia was named one of TV’s Most Beautiful Women in Soap Opera Digest.
- Was named one of TV Guide’s choices for “Daytime’s Big Screen Potential Stars.”
- Was married to Loving co-star Michael Weatherly. They divorced in 1997. They had one son, August Manning.
- Married Y&R co-star, Thad Luckinbill in 2007. They have a son, Thaddeus Rowe, and a daughter, Georgia March. They divorced in 2017.
- With Rowe, she craved white powdered donuts, and with Georgia, she craved spinach and salad.
- Georgia smiled so much as a baby, Amelia called her Smiles-A-Lot.
- Appeared in the music video for “I Will Buy You a New Life” by Everclear.
- Won 2 back-to-back Daytime Emmys in 2014 and 2015 for her role on Y&R as Victoria Newman.