When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
General Hospital’s latest offerings have left us with a plethora of questions. The most pressing? Why, oh why didn’t the writers listen to the fans and keep Peter August (Wes Ramsey) off our screens? Not only is his continued presence untenable, but it also makes a mockery of Hamilton Finn (Michael Easton) and Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst) neither a trained doctor nor nurse could tell that Peter was still alive? Really?!
But we digress. The second question we are dying to get an answer to? Who’s the third prisoner being housed in Drew Cain’s (Cameron Mathison) and Chloe Jennings’s (Phoebe Kuhlman) house of pain? Be she Hayden Barnes (Rebecca Budig), or Holly Sutton (Emma Samms)?
The Rest of our Best Inquiries:
* Aside from good old-fashioned avarice, why is everyone, including Willow Tait Chase (Katelyn MacMullen) – formerly sweetness and charity personified, – so hell-bent on keeping Austin Holt (Roger Howarth) from getting a few measly shares of ELQ? Heck, never seen’s such as Dillon Quartermaine, Lila Rae, and Maya Ward have shares of the company.
* Who is Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl) to Ryan Chamberlin (Jon Lindstrom)? Daughter? Daughter of a previous victim? Whoever she may be, he clearly wants nothing to do with her.
* How are we supposed to root for Nina Reeves (Cynthia Watros) ever again? She clearly prioritizes keeping Sonny Corinthos’s (Maurice Benard) survival above all else. And speaking of rooting value…
What exactly was the point of resurrecting Chloe? Is it an attempt to mitigate Peter’s crimes? Do the writers think that we’ll be more inclined to forgive him if they reveal he didn’t kill a woman in cold blood? Well, he still shot Franco Baldwin (Roger Howarth) and sat and watched him die….there’s no coming back from that. Peter will NEVER be a rootable character.
* And speaking of Peter, shouldn’t he, at the very least, have a visible scar on his forehead? Surely greeting a cement wall face first leaves some kind of reminder.
* Where does Harrison Chase (Josh Swickard) go from here? Should he pursue Brook Lynn Quartermaine (Amanda Setton)? Or do they function better as best friends/talk to’s?
* Can Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) and Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) actually make a go of it as romantic partners? Should they?
* Who would make the better couple: Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) and Valentin Cassadine (James Patrick Stuart), or Anna and Martin Grey (Michael E. Knight)?
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.