When it comes to daytime debuts, Avery Kristen Pohl’s was red hot. After skulking around the General Hospital corridors for a week, her mysterious character set Ava’s car on fire.
Get To Know Avery Kristen Pohl
Pohl, who’s playing Spencer’s (Nicholas Alexander Chavez) conniving girlfriend, Esme Prince, is tackling the role with gusto. A soap opera newbie, Pohl has a substantial resume, including guest spots on Dirty John and Criminal Minds, and a starring role in the 2020 Lifetime movie, My Daughter’s Psycho Friend, playing – you guessed it – the mean devious friend.
Want more information about the actress, who’ll be bringing the drama to the soap’s teen set? Here are seven things to know about Avery Kristen Pohl.
1. Yes, she can act, but that’s not the only thing. Pohl spent the summer of 2019 working as a dental assistant in Florida. Afterward, she headed back to Los Angeles to resume her TV and film career.
2. Pohl is also a trained ballerina. In fact, in 2018 she was invited to dance as a guest performer with the Leigh Purtill Ballet Company at the Scare LA horror convention. The troupe performed selections from Purtill’s zombie ballet, Sweet Sorrow.
4. Pohl has a good sense of humor, too. How does she describe herself on her Instagram page? “Exceptional at being average.”
5. Horror flicks seem to be one of Pohl’s specialties. She’s appeared in her share of them. Topping the list: Sound of My Voice (2011) and Watch Over Us (2015).
6. In the past, Avery Pohl confessed to “being too chicken” to watch horror films, but that eventually changed. She’s a fan of the movie IT and loves the Netflix series Stranger Things.
7. If there are any high-speed chase or fight scenes in her General Hospital future, chances are Pohl might tackle them herself. She’s had lots of stunt training and is also proficient in stage combat.
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.