Although This is Us was one of the first network shows to return this fall, only four episodes aired before the holiday break, and viewers were just getting into the season’s dramatic storylines before things were halted.
This Is Us — 2021 Return
Thankfully, the show returns tomorrow and from the dramatic moments in the explosive promos, it looks like the show’s writers aren’t wasting any time getting into some of the important story points that fans are wondering. Several storylines at once are getting kicked up a notch.
Here are five things that we expect—or at least optimistically hope—will be answered in the all-new episode that premieres tomorrow — Tuesday.
- The most shocking development introduced this season was the realization (for viewers) that Randall’s (Sterling K. Brown) mother Laurel didn’t die during his birth as originally thought. We’ve seen a mysterious man linked to her, and now it appears that he’s contacted Randall about her. What really happened to Randall’s biological mom after the birth; did she keep tabs on her son and more importantly, is she still alive?
- Kevin (Justin Hartley) and Madison (Caitlin Thompson) will soon be parents to twins, and while the couple had a lackluster proposal earlier this season, it’s hard to believe that they will really wind up together. Sure, they care about each other and the “L” word has been thrown around. But having witnessed his parents’ fairytale romance, Kevin seems destined for winding up with one of his past loves. Don’t be surprised if Sophie (Alexandra Breckinridge) makes an appearance sometime soon.
- Another big reveal this season was what happened between a teenaged Kate (Chrissy Metz) and her boyfriend Marc (Austin Abrams), and the reveal that she was pregnant by him. How Toby (Chris Sullivan) responds and what this means going forward will play largely into the couple’s storyline going forward as they look to adopt a second child.
- Deja (Lyric Ross) and Malik (Asante Blackk) seem destined for their own big romance, but now that the teen’s boyfriend is working for her dad Randall, will the couple be able to survive his meddling? Sure, Randall likes his new assistant, but just how on board is he with having his daughter date a high school kid with his own baby daughter?
- We’ve seen more problems with Rebecca (Mandy Moore) and her memory lapses this season, but we still don’t know why she was seen with her ex-brother-in-law Nicky (Griffin Dune) by her deathbed instead of husband Miguel (Jon Huertas). This is something that viewers have been wondering since last season, and it needs to be addressed. This Is Us airs Tuesdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.