Monday evening at 11 p.m. on the east coast — 8 p.m. on the west, Corey Feldman was releasing the documentary he’s been working on for years — (My) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys — in which he planned to name Charlie Sheen as the one who abused his close friend on the set of the film Lucas but many people set to see it never did.
Corey Feldman Names Names
According to Entertainment Weekly, who attended a screening of the film along with others in the press and Feldman himself, he named Sheen as the perpetrator. For those who paid $20 to see the film online, something went wrong.
After almost an hour of waiting, the following alert was posted. “Please be patient. The hackers are trying to prevent the stream from airing. The program will begin momentarily. We appreciate your patience and support!”
While it’s unclear exactly what prevented the stream from working, in this era of #MeToo and Harvey Weinstein, there was a lot of interest in what happened to the late actor (Haim died 10 years ago today on March 10, 2010) due to accusations of having been sexually abused as a child actor.
According to the EW article on the doc, “Feldman first named three men he had previously accused of sexual abuse himself: Jon Grissom, an actor who had small roles in License to Drive and Dream a Little Dream costarring Feldman and Haim, nightclub owner Alphy Hoffman, and former talent manager Marty Weiss. He also said Dominick Brascia, a former actor and one-time friend of both Coreys who died in 2018, had sexually abused Haim.”
But then he got to the Sheen revelation, which isn’t a new one in Hollywood. Brascia, one of the accusers, reportedly told the story to National Enquirer, claiming Haim had confided in him, causing Sheen to sue both the tabloid and Brascia for libel.
“Sheen voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit in 2018 after his lawyer had reported to the court that the parties were engaged in informal settlement talks, according to court records obtained by EW.”
One interview that was of particular interest in the documentary was being billed as the last interview given by the late Kristoff St. John of The Young and the Restless. Having appeared in two seasons of The Bad News Bears TV series with Feldman in the late 1970s, St. John is dearly missed by his fans and anything new from him would be of interest.
EW tried to reach representatives for Sheen to get a comment on the allegations in this new documentary, but as of press time, there has been no word back.