When Days of our Lives last aired before the Olympics break, several storylines had reached a fever pitch. Craig Wesley told Nancy Wesley he was gay. Kirsten DiMera was holding a houseful of hostages on the DiMera island. Lani Price Grant had come face-to-face with her bio daddy, TR Coates. And that’s not even half of it.
Questions Days of our Lives Must Answer
The soap’s viewers were left on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens next. Now, that day is just around the corner. Here are the 7 things we need to know when Days of our Lives returns after the Olympics.
1. What’s been going on with Sarah Horton (Linsey Godfrey) and what has Kristen (Stacy Haiduk) done to her? Sarah seems strangely at peace, which wouldn’t be the case if she remembered being abducted on her wedding day. Fans need to learn if Kristen brainwashed Sarah or worse to turn her into such a happy captor.
2. Craig (Kevin Spirtas) confessed he’s “in love” with a mystery man. Is it someone we know and love, someone we know and loathe, or someone entirely new to the canvas? Viewers have to find out the guy’s identity – pronto.
3. Lani (Sal Stowers) met her father, TR (William Christian) on Days of our Lives, and he’s anxious to get to know her. Paulina Price’s (Jackee Harry) painted him as the vilest of villains, but is that really the case, or has he changed?
4. Johnny DiMera’s (Carson Boatman) been running rampant since becoming possessed by the devil, ending things with Chanel Dupree DiMera (Raven Bowens), maneuvering to send EJ DiMera (Dan Feuerriegel) to the slammer, putting the moves on Gabi Hernandez DiMera (Camila Banus), etc. Someone needs to figure out he’s been infiltrated by evil, but who will it be? It definitely needs to happen quickly, since Satan has his sights on Ciara Brady Weston (Victoria Konefal) and Ben Weston’s (Robert Scott Wilson) unborn child.
5. On the EJ front, the poor guy’s going to prison for a crime he didn’t commit: kidnapping Sami Brady DiMera (Alison Sweeney). Chad DiMera (Billy Flynn) and Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow) know the truth. So does Lucas Horton (Bryan Dattilo), who orchestrated the wild abduction to win back Sami. Who’s going to come to EJ’s rescue and reveal the twisted plot?
6. Allie Horton (Lindsay Arnold) is keeping a whopper of a secret: she slept with Chanel the night Johnny dumped her bestie. Meanwhile, poor Tripp Dalton Johnson (Lucas Adams) hasn’t a clue about his girlfriend’s infidelity. Indiscretions have a way of coming out in Salem and always in the worse way possible, which means someone other than Allie will likely drop the bombshell on Tripp. How’s he going to react when he finds out?
7. Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) could be on his way to prison courtesy of Ava Vitale (Tamara Braun), who’s set him up as a crooked cop. Nicole Walker (Arianne Zucker) is onto her pal’s twisted scheme and determined to prove Rafe’s innocence. Will Ava come to her senses, ‘fess up, and make things right? Or will Nicole be the one to save him on Days of our Lives?
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.