When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review
For all the fans out there complaining that The Bold and the Beautiful’s Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang) is overreacting when she says that Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye) will leave her over that single kiss with Deacon Sharpe (Sean Kanan), let me assure you that she is not.
Back in 2012, Ridge abandoned her on their bazillion honeymoon because she responded to text messages from Deacon and wouldn’t come clean about it. And remember when he overheard Brooke tell Bill Spencer (Don Diamont) that she’d always love him and he went and drunkenly married Shauna Fulton (Denise Richards)?
The dude’s got form. I 100% believe that he would abandon Brooke and fly to Taylor Hayes’s (Krista Allen) side if Brooke told him the truth. This might indeed be one of the stupidest storylines that The Bold and the Beautiful has ever told (all this drama over two middle-aged drunkards kissing?!) but Brooke has got Ridge pegged but good.
Further B&B Musings
* The point of soap operas is to show and not tell. So, perhaps The Bold and the Beautiful might want to start showing us Bill’s attempts to woo back Katie Logan (Heather Tom). At this rate, I’m fairly certain we will soon learn, from off-hand dialogue, that the two have reunited, remarried, and swanned off to whichever state/country they sent young William.
* It’s funny that Thomas Forrester (Matthew Atkinson) thinks he has room to talk about what kind of man Deacon is. Do you know what Deacon didn’t do? Murder a teenager. Gaslight his child. Thomas, take a seat and stay there.
* How like Steffy Forrester Finnegan (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) to rail at Hope Logan Spencer (Annika Noelle) for “interfering in her marriage” and then turn right around and act incredulous that neither Brooke nor Ridge want to tell her what’s going on in theirs.
* My new favorite Bold and Beautiful character: Grace Buckingham (Cassandra Creech). The reason: She actually scolded Paris Buckingham (Diamond White).
* Speaking of Steffy and Thomas…they’re always so quick to point out Brooke’s scandals (which, admittedly there are legions) but they just sweep all of Taylor’s crazy under the rug. Also, do they know that the reason Mommy and Daddy’s marriage finally imploded was because Ridge found out Taylor cheated on him with James “I Don’t Wanna Die A Virgin” Warwick (Ian Buchanan)? At least Brooke generally cheated with Ridge rather than on him.
* Highlight of the Week: Kimberlin Brown’s (Sheila Carter) hilarious eavesdropping routine.
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.