Fans of the Young and the Restless have gotten their wish. Summer Newman Abbott and Kyle Abbott are returning to Genoa City full-time. However, a new actress, Allison Lanier, is taking over the role of Phyllis and Nick’s daughter. She’s replacing Hunter King, who opted to cut ties with the soap.
Meet Y&R’s New Summer: Allison Lanier
The actress/model, who’s set to debut in May, is a newcomer to the daytime world. However, she had a recurring role as Annabelle on the Amazon series Red Oaks. She also appeared in It Happened in L.A. as well as the independent films Mia and Fish Bones.
Want to learn more about the actress? Here are seven things to know about Allison Lanier:
1. A Leo who was born on August 4, Lanier attended The City University of New York. She studied Industrial and Production Design.
2. Lanier has long divided her time between the two coasts, East and West. “I usually head to LA for at least a part of the winter but this year I decided to stick it out in NYC…” she posted on social media back in 2019. “I discovered two things, SAD is so real… and I will never do that again! Hi LA.”
3. Her significant other appears to be a musician and musical producer, JD Samson. “Love sharing a birthday and a life with this one It’s sooo fun,” she shared on Instagram in 2020.
4. Prior to joining the Y&R cast, Lanier was employed as a full-time producer at Lalaland, a management and production company with offices in New York, London, Paris, and Los Angeles. She was based in NY.
5. She was previously a sales and marketing representative at NEWEL, an 81-year-old antiques, and props rental company based in New York City. She also worked as a self-employed prop stylist and set design assistant, creating and styling sets for commercial and editorial photo and video shoots.
6. She not only acts but also dabbles as an artist. In fact, her Instagram account features a sampling of her work. One portrait features two members of her own family. “Turned my great grandparents into a couple of cartoons,” she posted.
7. Speaking of Instagram, you can follow Allison Lanier at @allisonvlanier. She has over 5,000 followers, but that number is sure to increase rapidly once she makes her Y&R debut.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.