Kyle’s (Michael Mealor) happy marriage to Summer (Hunter King) is about to hit a snag on The Young and the Restless, when his surprise baby mama, Tara Locke, surfaces in Genoa City. Actress Elizabeth Leiner is set to tackle the sure-to-be troublemaking role.
Elizabeth Leiner — Get To Know Her
While new to the soap opera world, the blonde-haired, blue-eyed actress has an interesting array of credits… and capabilities. Want more information about Leiner? Here are 7 things to know about her.
1. Leiner is a lot more than just a pretty face. In fact, some might call her a bona fide brainiac, too. She holds a Master’s Degree in both Social Work and Literature.
2. If you’re a fan of Lifetime movies, you’ve already seen her work. Leiner’s last two projects were both on the cable network. She appeared in Nanny Killer and Suburban Swingers Club.
3. One of Leiner’s most fulfilling acting experiences was portraying Burt Reynolds’ granddaughter, Tatum, in the 2017 movie, Hamlet & Hutch. “Working alongside Burt was a dream,” she shared on Instagram. “He was kind, supportive and a joy to work with. So grateful to know him as an actor and a friend.”
4. She’s super active, as evidenced by the “special skills” section of her resume. Among them, she lists, swimming, tennis, hot yoga, running, kickboxing, Pilates, and softball.
5. Her talents extend beyond acting into the music world. Leiner plays the piano. She’s also a singer, whose voice is labeled as a soprano.
6. Like most actors, Leiner enjoys a good play. Back in 2017, she attended a production of Hamilton at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood. “Finally. And completely worth the wait,” she posted on Instagram.
7. Daytime will be a totally new experience for Leiner. She’s making her soap opera debut on The Young and the Restless and will first air on March 1, 2021. The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes.