Characters on The Young and the Restless have a lot more important things to do than check the emails that come in from GCGE – that’s Genoa City Gas & Electric. But, we really think they should take a moment and read this latest missive, as it could explain a lot about what’s been happening lately — and maybe weigh in on some life choices they’ve recently been making.
Dear Valued Genoa City Gas & Electric Customers
It is with a heavy heart that we write to inform you about a situation which has just been brought to our attention. It seems that starting on March 20, 2019, Genoa City has been the victim of a toxic gas leak. You can’t see it, you can’t taste it, and you can’t smell it, but we can confirm that it’s there.
The official method for proving the existence of said leak is based on the symptoms of those exposed to it. Among reactions to look out for are:
- Sudden development of irrational anger out of proportion with what they’ve done
- Inability to take responsibility for behavior stemming from said irrational anger
- Mood swings, wherein a decision made one day is utterly overturned the next
- Inability to acknowledge said mood swings
- Insane plans to prove you’re not paranoid, they are actually after you
- Listening to paranoid ramblings and agreeing that they make perfect sense
- Blaming others for believing that your own paranoid delusions make perfect sense
We are pleased to reassure our customers that we will be cutting off this poisonous gas shortly. We expect life in Genoa City to return to normal. Please do not be alarmed if you suddenly realize everything you have said and done for the past four years has made no sense. We do realize that will mean that people who should have been in jail have been allowed to go free based on other’s gas-induced bad decisions.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. A coupon for a week’s free heating is on its way to you. Happy holidays, Genoa City!
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!