Although she looks just like Hilary Curtis, Amanda Sinclair is her own woman on The Young and the Restless. She has already made quite an impact on the midwestern town of Genoa City.
The Young and the Restless Legal Eagle Amanda Sinclair
It’s almost like Amanda (Mishael Morgan) stepped into Hilary’s (also Mishael Morgan) life, though, with a few key differences. Here are five fast facts about the intriguing woman.
1. Amanda is Hilary’s twin sister, but it’s not quite that straightforward. When she came to Genoa City on September 19, 2019, she had no idea she had a twin, dead or otherwise. Amanda was abandoned as a newborn and raised in the foster care system. Nate Hastings (Sean Dominic) convinced her to do a DNA test, which showed she and Hilary were twins.
2. She’s been involved in a foursome with Devon, Nate, and Elena Dawson (Brytni Sarpy). Nate was Amanda’s first boyfriend in Genoa City. However, after she helped with pro bono legal counsel for the New Hope medical clinic, Nate and Elena ended up cheating on her and Devon. After some angst, the foursome switched partners, leaving Amanda and Devon together and Elena and Nate together. Now they’re all across-the- hall neighbors.
3. In addition to Hilary, Amanda has another sister, Imani Benedict (Leigh-Ann Rose). After learning she and Hilary were twins, Amanda did more research, finding her mother Naya Benedict (Ptosha Storey) and her sister Imani. After a rough start, the two grew closer. Then, they started a law firm together, but a better offer as legal counsel for Chancellor-Winters came along, so they closed up shop and joined the corporate world.
4. Amanda’s testimony helped put her grandfather, politician Sutton Ames (Jack Landron) behind bars for arranging the death of her father Richard Nealon. Her mother, Naya refused to testify, which is why Amanda took the stand.
5. Amanda once had a strong flirtation with Billy Abbott (Jason Thompson). The two grew close in the months after Amanda showed up in town, but they ultimately decided to be friends. Of course, these days, that close a friendship seems to have gone by the wayside.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!