With the exciting news that Daniel Romalotti actor, Michael Graziadei, is returning to The Young and the Restless, some fans may need a refresher on exactly who he is and what he’s done in Genoa City in the past.
Daniel Romalotti On The Young and the Restless
Phyllis Summers (Michelle Stafford) has two children — Summer Newman Abbott (Allison Lanier) and Daniel Romalotti. Here are five fast facts about the character who’s been off the canvas since a quick appearance in 2016.
1. Daniel is the son of Phyllis and Brian Hamilton. However, Danny Romalotti (Michael Damian) adopted him. Of course, in true soap fashion, for a while, Danny thought he was Daniel’s biological father because Phyllis told him he was. Not surprisingly, an illness is what clued everybody into the fact that Daniel wasn’t Danny’s child.
2. Daniel worked to help Kevin Fisher (Greg Rikaart) repair his reputation. Of course, their plans went way too far and nearly ended in Lily Winters (Christel Khalil) dying. Despite that, Lily ended up falling for Daniel, which did not make her mom Drucilla Winters (Victoria Rowell) happy due to the animosity between Dru and Phyllis. Predictably, parental disapproval only made the couple fight harder to be together.
3. A younger Cassie Newman (Camryn Grimes) had a crush on Daniel, and when he got too drunk to drive, she got behind the wheel to drive him home. Unfortunately, she crashed and ultimately died while Daniel recovered. That led to manslaughter charges, but before it started, Lily convinced him to hide from the cops. After a few twists and turns, which included Daniel and Lily working at a beach, he returned to Genoa City, and a judge eventually determined that Cassie had driven the vehicle.
4. Daniel and Lily married in Las Vegas against her parents’ wishes. They had a tumultuous marriage, and Lily ultimately kicked him out after Amber Moore (Adrienne Frantz) got him addicted to Internet porn. Their marriage was dissolved because they’d gotten married when they were underage.
5. Later, Daniel married Amber to keep her from marrying Deacon Sharpe (Sean Kanan). Of course, as these things often do, their marriage ultimately ended in divorce after Sheila Carter’s (Kimberlin Brown) daughter, Daisy Sanders (Yvonne Zima), drugged Daniel and took him to bed. At one point, Daniel declared he didn’t want to be a father, and Amber left town. He had no idea Daisy was already pregnant, and ultimately she gave birth to his daughter Lucy Romalotti, whom he has been raising…off-screen.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Genoa City, check out all the latest that’s been posted on Y&R spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!