When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review and a cheeky critique of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: The Critic’s POV
On this week’s The Bold and the Beautiful, Caroline Spencer (Joanna Johnson), who knows she’s dying, invites friends and family over for a party at the Forrester mansion unaware that they’re fully aware she’s gravely ill. After a hellish ordeal, the ailing hostess bids them all to be kind to one another then collapses into her lover’s arms. No, wait, that’s not right.
On this week’s The Bold and the Beautiful, Stephanie Forrester, who knows she’s dying, invites friends and family over for a party at the Forrester mansion, aware that they’re aware she’s gravely ill. Everyone has a good time, mostly due to the addition of a slide to the balcony overlooking the living room. (And I’m sure there was something said about being kind to one another. Stephanie was more of a do as I say, not as I do kinda gal.) No, wait, that’s still not right.
* Furrows brow. Checks notes * Ah! Yes, here we go. On this week’s The Bold and the Beautiful, Eric Forrester (John McCook), who knows he’s dying, invites friends and family over for a party at the Forrester mansion, unaware that they’re aware he’s gravely ill. After a hellish ordeal, the ailing host collapsed into a heap, and, with his lover by his side, he told them to all be kind to one another.
What. A. Mess. Between the decked-out guests mooning over the Man of the Hour, and Eric thinking he was getting one over on ANYONE with his trembling hands, two near collapses, and that cough that wouldn’t quit, it was a ridiculous spectacle.
Then, Eric failed to get a clue right up until the last possible moment. As if those assembled could have been any more obvious. At least there was the pleasant surprise of Eric taking the revelation that Ridge (Thorsten Kaye) handed him the win (and the reason why) in good stride. And thank goodness we’ll never have to hear big-headed Eric boasting about that accomplishment. (Read all about it here.)
Further B&B Musings
* A safari? That was the best this soap could come up with for why only two of Eric’s biological offspring could make it in time for the glittering gala. Not that Thorne (Winsor Harmon) and Bridget (Ashley Jones) weren’t sights for sore eyes.
* Not for nothing, Zende (Delon de Metz), but maybe Eric didn’t conscript you into his design team in light of your last collaboration — on Hope For The Future — bombing spectacularly?
And while we’re on the subject of Zende, is anybody else a mite disappointed that B&B has already dropped his turn to the dark side? Here, I thought the underused character might finally be getting a storyline of note.
* Wouldn’t it have benefited Eric to make Donna (Jennifer Gareis) his missus?
* Small quibble, but Brooke (Katherine Kelly Lang) and Ridge didn’t so much meet inside the Forrester mansion as they did out by the pool. (A fact we made plain here.)
* This inquiring mind wants to know: From which of Eric and Stephanie’s many weddings does that bottle of wine hail?
The best place for true soap fans to be is our Facebook groups. Have you joined? If you love soap spoilers, gossip, and fans as dedicated as yourself, check out Days of our Lives Fans, General Hospital Exclusive, The Young and the Restless Fans, and The Bold and the Beautiful Fans.