Krista Allen knows a thing or two about stepping into big roles. Long before she slipped into The Bold and the Beautiful fold as Dr. Taylor Hayes and replaced actress Hunter Tylo, she took over the part of Billie Reed from Lisa Rinna on Days of our Lives.
A Closer Look At Krista Allen
Both have proven to be seamless assignments for Allen. A consummate actress, who starred in Anger Management with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler and Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey, she’s proven that she can deliver comedy, drama, and everything in between.
Getting To Know Her: Seven Fast Facts
Want to know more about the talented brunette? Check out these seven facts about Krista Allen:
1. Allen’s very first job was actually on The Bold and the Beautiful. She played Shelley and worked at the Bikini Bar. It was a short gig and only lasted a couple of episodes.
2. In a televised interview with Studio 10 in Australia, Allen quipped that big shoes have always been easy for her to fill, and there’s a very good reason. “Considering that I’m a size 9-1/2, big shoes have never been an issue for me,” she revealed. “I feel quite comfortable in them.”
3. Krista Allen majored in education at Austin Community College and considered a career in teaching. She even interned as a kindergarten teacher.
4. Allen has tried her hand at stand-up comedy, too, taking the stage for a while, as well as writing material for other comics. She appeared at The Laugh Factory back in 2017 and dubbed it as a “bucket list” moment on Twitter.
5. Allen is a vegan. “It reflects who I am as a person and my outlook on the world. I also love that when people are curious, I get an opportunity to educate them with my own still-evolving education and personal experience on the subject of plant-based eating,” she explained in an interview with One Green Planet, adding that she loves to cook and “feeding people. I adore the reveal of “This is not meat” when people think they are eating a meat dish. [Vegan] Burgers and Fries are my specialty.”
6. Believe it or not, Allen has a full-grown son. She gave birth to Jacob Nolan Moritt on July 12, 1997. The child’s father is her first husband, Justin Morritt.
7. Krista Allen a woman of many talents, projects, and endeavors. She once had her own T-shirt line, SuperEXcellent. She also had a blog, Veggie Boom Boom, where she discussed her vegan lifestyle and shared recipes. Plus, she’s a certified yoga instructor and became a director and spokesman for R.I.S.E. & Stand, a non-profit organization that helps educate and raise awareness about bullying, human trafficking, domestic abuse, and animal cruelty.
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.