Everybody’s got an opinion…especially where their favorite daytime drama is concerned – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the General Hospital week that was.
General Hospital: Week In Review
Thanks to straight-shooting Avery, Nina (Cynthia Watros) was able to put two and two together – plus the two halves of the ad nauseum-discussed heart necklace – and figure out that Nelle (Chloe Lanier) was once in possession of the trinket and therefore must be her long lost daughter. So now what?
Nina’s deducing doesn’t exactly prove much of anything. Nelle may be her offspring, and she might have just as easily picked the necklace up at an outdoor flea market. Only a DNA test is going to get her some ACTUAL answers.
Also, this story doesn’t hold much dramatic weight without Nelle front and center. At the very least, Nina might get a little miffed if Jax (Ingo Rademacher) does indeed confess to her that he and Carly had known about the possibility that Nelle was her daughter and kept it from her for months on end. Or perhaps Jax has known all along…
Sure, there’s the of chances that Nina might dump her current squeeze and reunite with Valentin (James Patrick Stuart) and decide to wreck shop…but what havoc could they wreak? Sue for partial custody of Wiley? Have Nelle’s death reinvestigated and insist that Carly’s involvement be thoroughly scrutinized?
We’re not exactly sure where this all going, but let’s hope it winds up going to a far more interesting place than Sonny’s (Maurice Benard) storyline. The only thing this amnesia tale has proven is that the police and the medical staff at whatever location Sonny currently resides is just as incompetent as the ones back in Port Charles.
No one, not one single person has thought to fingerprint him and/or take his photograph and circulate it around the neighboring areas? No one at the hospital that treated him thought to test his blood for traces of medications that he might have been prescribed? NO ONE has recognized him as Sonny Freaking Corinthos?!
Further GH Musings
* Alexis (Nancy Lee Grahn) may have driven a Lidocaine-filled syringe into Dante (Dominic Zamprogna), but her little attempted murder may not be the rock bottom that Sam (Kelly Monaco) suspects it is. After all, Alexis is a multiple murderess – yes, we remember Luis Alcazar and Kiefer Bauer.
Heck, this isn’t even the first time she made a move to stab someone and wound up making contact with another person – anyone else recall the time she tried to stab Scotty Baldwin (Kin Shriner) and got Cameron Lewis instead? Actually, if anything, her stab happiness has come nearly full circle. She aimed for the father and missed, and now she’s done the same with the son.
* Where. Is. KRISTINA?! Her mother’s a drunken mess, her father is missing and presumed dead, her deprogrammer OD’d, her boss is six feet under, and her brother just survived a near-death experience. Does she know that any of this has transpired?
* Jordan (temporary recast Tiffany Daniels) is pretty sure that Curtis (Donnell Turner) has had enough of her and her lies…but can you blame him? Even Jordan had to admit that she had lied to her husband not once, not twice, not even three times, but multiple times about things he should have been privy to.
* Much to her surprise, Britt (Kelly Thiebaud) has learned that Peter (Wes Ramsey) is actually a chip off the old Faison block – where’s Liesl (Kathleen Gati) and her “I told you so” when you need her? And while we’re on the subject of the Britch, let’s hope that those hand tremors are not the indication of Huntington’s disease that we think they are.
* Anybody else agree with Jackie’s (Kim Delaney) insistence that Finn (Michael Easton) is far too late with his concerns about Chase’s (Josh Swickard) paternity?
* Despite One Life to Live transplant Todd Manning no longer darkening the canvas, it seems his legacy, in the form of The Sun newspaper lives on. Nice shoutout! General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes.