When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
We still have no idea whether or not Cody Bell (Josh Kelly) is Mac Scorpio’s (John J. York) son, nor what the secret is that he shares with Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna), nor why he’s so interested in Britt Westbourne’s (Kelly Thiebaud) connection to Faison.
We don’t seem to be any closer to finding out what transpired during Elizabeth Webber’s (Rebecca Herbst) girlhood, or what big bad Victor Cassadine’s (Charles Shaughnessy) endgame is. And good luck making any type of sense out of Austin Gatlin-Holt’s (Roger Howarth) entire…I hesitate to say storyline but…”storyline.”
Then there’s that yet-to-be-de-hooded, hook-wielding menace running about, an MIA Lucy Coe (Lynn Herring), the sudden reappearance of Holly Sutton (Emma Samms), and the less said about Brook Lynn Quartermaine (Amanda Setton) and Harrison Chase’s (Josh Swickard) going nowhere storyline the better.
So what does General Hospital head honchos Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris go and do? They add yet another wrinkle to the proceedings. Where is Peter August’s safety deposit box and what could possibly be inside? Better question: Who cares?
Further GH Musings
* Given that Holly’s return will be but a blip, I could maybe, maybe get behind a Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers)/Diane Miller (Carolyn Hennesy) pairing, but I’m really going to need someone at General Hospital to namecheck Max Giambetti (Derk Cheetwood), because the last I heard, he and Diane were still very much together and very, very happy.
* I’m just going to say it: Laura Wright and Cameron Mathison do not have romantic chemistry. None, nada, zip. I saw more sparks between Mathison and Jacklyn Zeman (General Hospital’s Bobbie Spencer) than I’ve ever seen between Carly and Drew.
* Peyton Honeycutt’s (Linda Purl) about-face and amende honorable was not the least bit realistic, but anything to prop Carly.
* When Lucy is revealed to be alive — as we all know she will be — I can’t help but wonder what will have her in a tizzy most: the ruined pants suit or the missing high heel?
* You cannot tell me that Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) doesn’t have a home alarm system, a whole array of security cameras, and special alerts that would have precluded Johann Bauer’s (Max Decker) infiltration of her abode.
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!