When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
Man, there were some seriously nervy moves made by several General Hospital characters. First up was Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) who barreled her way into Elizabeth Webber’s (Rebecca Herbst) and Josslyn Jacks’ (Eden McCoy) storylines like nobody’s business, like the queen bee that she is — and if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t recognize sarcasm — sarcasm!
Then there was Jeff Webber (William Moses) who had the gall to put Hamilton Finn’s (Michael Easton) wife’s name in his mouth, to claim that Elizabeth was the child most like him — as far as insults go, that one was like a knife to the heart — and to actually ask his daughter for a second chance despite the lying and the conditioning.
Most impressive of all was Elizabeth double bluffing Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl) and getting the better of her, and a close second was Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud) — whose give a damn is well and truly busted — getting all kinds of mouthy with Selena Wu (Lydia Look), a lady I’m convinced could kill you with a single withering glance should it so please her.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t also spotlight Laura Collins (Genie Francis) rumbling Holly Sutton’s (Emma Samms) alliance — albeit a reluctant one — to Victor Cassadine’s (Charles Shaughnessy) from a mile away and Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) laying such a labyrinthine trap to expose the British bombshell.
Oh, and despite my distaste for the General Hospital character in general, I couldn’t help but get a kick out of Cody Bell (Josh Kelly) not so subtly suggesting that Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) stay in her lane lest he reveal the goods he’s got on her boyfriend.
Further GH Musings
* I’m not a geneticist, but I did spend about five minutes googling “autosomal inheritance” and the like, and, despite sounding fantastical — and surely, I’m not the only one who side-eyed this development — I’m pretty certain Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner) not having a single genetic marker for schizophrenia, in spite of Marshall Ashford’s (Robert Gossett) diagnosis, can track.
* I’m not saying that I want Marcus Coloma to lose his job. What I am saying is that I very much enjoyed Adam Huss’s interpretation of Nikolas Cassadine and if he were to stay, I wouldn’t complain.
* Gladys Corbin (Bonnie Burroughs) backsliding into her old, bad ways? Yea, I’m here for it. I wasn’t at all under the impression that the leopardess had changed her spots…she’d just been conditionally tamed.
* So…is Nina Reeves’s (Cynthia Watros) sole purpose to now be General Hospital’s answer to Mrs. Kravitz?
* Sorry folks, but I am so off the ‘Sprina’ train.
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!