When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic’s POV
There’s a reason that I’ve long referred to the members of the PCPD as the Keystone Koppers. Their rank and file have always been suspect (onetime double agent Anna Devane’s main squeeze was Scottish mob lackey Duke Lavery, played by Ian Buchanan), and a good many of them corrupt (Bob Hastings’s Burt Ramsey, for one), and hardly any of them possess the sense that God gave geese (how else to explain Dominic Zamprogna’s Dante’s seeming inability to ever piece together the clues dangling right before him?).
But what does it say about (General Hospital‘s version of) the FBI that they didn’t even open the crates seized from the docks before dragging Sonny (Maurice Benard) into court? There’s incompetence and then there’s downright stupidity.
Further GH Musings
* And just like that, Anna’s (Finola Hughes) story has gone from high-stakes spy games to theatrics lifted from I Know What You Did Last Summer.
* As much a pleasure as it was seeing Kassie DePaiva strut across the set in her skintight skirt, rocking a bob so blunt it could slit a throat, revealing Blair Cramer to be Martin’s (Michael E. Knight) third-ex-wife was the epitome of anticlimactic, not the least of which is because it necessitates GH sweeping both Blair’s reunion with Todd (Roger Howarth) and her pivotal search for Tomas Delgado (Ted King), who may or may not be an Alcazar triplet, under the proverbial rug.
* So, Tracy (Jane Elliot) wants to get her manicured claws on Lucy’s (Lynn Herring) 1% stake in ELQ. FINALLY, a motive that makes sense.
* What was the point of resurrecting Nikolas Cassadine (Adam Huss)? If it was to solidify the character as a scumbag and deadbeat dad, then mission accomplished!
* While it’s admirable GH now seems willing to invest in its youth scene, I can’t help but intuit that Jake’s (Hudson West) and Charlotte’s (Scarlett Fernandez) flirtation is only going to be peak TV if Aiden, Charlotte’s long ago tormentee is thrown into the mix.
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!