When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
Two of Port Charles’s most hated citizens are down…but are they truly out? Sure, neither Finn (Michael Easton) nor Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) could find Peter’s (Wes Ramsey) pulse, but how many criminals on this show have literally died right before our very eyes, only to be resurrected a month or so later?
And since the bullet that Cyrus (Jeff Kober) took was anything but lethal – thanks a heap for that Jordan (Briana Nicole Henry)! – he’ll live to torment another day.
Given that we know there’s a laboratory underneath GH with equipment capable of resurrecting the near-dead, who’s to say that Peter’s hidden body won’t be found and placed inside one of those miracle chambers? Maybe old cousin Robin (Kimberly McCullough) is interested in dusting off her necromancy skills.
Further GH Musings
* Trina (Sydney Mikayla) should really consider a career in law enforcement. Though most likely terrified on the inside, she had no problem standing up to Cyrus, or keeping her cool while under pressure. She’d be a credit to the department…and Lord knows they need some credible officers.
* Did anyone else wonder why it was the blackest night in the scenes concerned with the ongoing hostage situation at Portia’s (Brook Kerr) abode, yet relatively sunny in ones featuring Finn (Michael Easton) and Peter on the hospital roof?
* We will ask again: Where. Was. Bobbie (Jacklyn Zeman)?! If the show couldn’t afford to have the actress onscreen, couldn’t they have mentioned her in dialogue or at least shown a one-way phone call between her and Brook Lynn (Amanda Setton)?
* Hmmm…Austin looked awfully interested in that plaque bearing the name Michael Corinthos, didn’t he? A subtle nod to the era when Roger Howarth played Franco, Michael’s would-be step-father? Or a hint of a storyline to come?
* With Chase (Josh Swickard) in the hospital supposedly too ill to do more than take a short walk with his mother, exactly who could it have been lurking outside Willow’s (Katelyn MacMullen) abode, perving on her and Michael? General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes.