When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
It’s never – or, at the very least, hardly ever – just a coincidence for a soap to suddenly name drop MIA or dead characters; inevitably, it means that said characters are on their way back to town and that the conversation was merely to remind viewers about their backstory and relationships to others on the canvas.
So, with that being said, is it at all possible that Hayden Barnes (Rebecca Budig) and/or AJ Quartermaine (Sean Kanan) might soon make an appearance on General Hospital? We’re thinking it’s a most definite yes for Hayden; for AJ….not so much. His name coming up during Monica Quartermaine (Leslie Charleson) and Jason Morgan’s (Steve Burton) might be one of those rare exceptions that prove the rule. But a fan can dream, can’t they?
Further GH Musings
* Anybody else wondering why Jason didn’t take the opportunity to put in a good word for Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud)?
And speaking of Britt, how come she didn’t have a reaction to Austin Holt (Roger Howarth) greeting Jason as, “Cuz”? Had she somehow managed to learn about the relationship prior to that moment?
* Was it just us, romantics that we are, or did sparks actually fly between Terry Randolph (Cassandra James) and the bartender at The Savoy?
* Fancy Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) choosing this moment to suddenly reclaim her smarts. She was willfully blind to Peter August’s (Wes Ramsey) faults, but one measly description from a helicopter pilot, and she’s pieced together that it was Hamilton Finn (Michael Easton) who had something to do with her nephew’s disappearance.
* Not only is General Hospital keeping the flame burning for Ryan’s Hope fans, but they even managed to give One Life to Live devotees a little thrill with their name check of Llanview. Perhaps Lenny Caulfield’s (Rif Hutton) doctor will be one (jack of all disciplines) Larry Wolek.
* Trina Robinson (Sydney Mikayla) may be (overly) extending Spencer Cassadine (Nicholas Alexander Chavez) some goodwill in light of the fact that they both have absentee (and slightly untrustworthy) fathers, but we think that she might soon lose her patience.
* Are we supposed to be rooting for “Mike” (Maurice Benard) and Nina Reeves (Cynthia Watros)? We get the feeling we’re supposed to be rooting for them, but it ain’t ever gonna happen.
Second (and third) question: when did “Mike” find the time to dye his hair, and did Phyllis Caulfield (Joyce Guy) lend him a hand?
* Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) and Shawn Butler (Sean Blakemore) are quickly proving themselves to be the team-up that we didn’t know we needed to see on General Hospital.