Spencer Cassadine is all grown up and back in Port Charles, and now actor Nicholas Alexander Chavez has been tapped to take over the challenging General Hospital role.
Get To Know Nicholas Alexander Chavez
Chavez made his daytime debut in unusual style – donning a ski mask when his character broke into the Jerome Gallery. Now he’s off and running as the only son of Nikolas Cassadine (Marcus Coloma), grandson of Laura Collins (Genie Francis), and the nephew of Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard).
Want more information about the handsome actor, who’ll be mixing it up with the soap’s teen cast? Here are seven things to know about Nicholas Alexander Chavez.
1. General Hospital is Chavez’s big break. However, he is well trained. He majored in acting at Mason Gross School of the Arts Acting Conservatory in New Brunswick, NJ. He also studied commercial acting at Killian’s Workshop in Los Angeles and acting at Visionbox Studio Theatre in Denver, CO.
2. Chavez couldn’t breathe a word about his GH gig, upon landing it. In fact, he was sworn to secrecy due to Spencer’s mystery reintroduction onto the scene and the show’s adamancy not to tip the storyline.
3. He celebrated landing his GH gig with a new car, and not just any new car. It’s a Corvette. He posted a photo standing in front of the shiny white vehicle on Instagram, noting that he’d “made a lil purchase.”
5. Although he currently resides in Los Angeles, Chavez is actually from the East Coast – Pittsburgh, PA.
6. Apparently Chavez has mastered the art of accents. According to his resume, his specialties are Australian, British, Cockney, French, German, Irish, Southern, and New York — specifically, Brooklyn.
7. The young man is super athletic, too. Among his skills: football, skateboarding, snowboarding, swimming, tennis, and water skiing. General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers.