General Hospital fans were stunned when Gladys’s son, Brando, suddenly surfaced alive and well, after she’d told everyone he’d died serving in the Iraqi war.
Getting To Know Johnny Wactor
Actor Johnny Wactor is portraying the former soldier and PTSD sufferer, who suddenly found himself entrenched in Sonny’s (Maurice Benard) violent world, pretending to be Dev’s (Ashton Arbab) dad and running the new mechanic shop in Port Charles. Plus, along the way, he ended up having a one-night stand with Molly (Haley Pullos).
Here are seven things to know about the handsome actor who is relatively new to the General Hospital scene:
1. He’s a bonafide water guy. Not only was Wactor a High School All-American and ex-collegiate swimmer, but he’s also a hybrid swim/fitness instructor and a certified lifeguard. He’s certified in CPR, too.
2. Wactor’s got a good pal in the soap world: Mark Grossman, who plays Adam Newman on The Young and the Restless. In fact, it was Grossman and Wactor’s manager who prepared him for the super-fast pace of daytime before he started working on GH.
3. Talk about unusual talents! Johnny Wactor has a slew of them, which according to his resume on actorsaccess.com includes the ability to recite the alphabet backward – really quickly, walk on his hands, and do a Human Flag. The latter bar hold is a feat of strength where the body is parallel to the ground supported by a vertical bar, and the straight line is formed using extensive upper body strength.
4. Wactor won a pretty cool award several years back. He was named Best Male Lead Actor at L.A. Webfest 2012 for his role in Hollywood Girl. The web series, created by Courtney Zito, was based on her real-life experience in Los Angeles and followed her life as a celebrity hopeful.
5. Although new to daytime, Wactor has a good deal of credits behind him. He’s appeared on Army Wives, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Training Day, Age Appropriate, and USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage. He also has a role in the upcoming mini-series The Passenger.
6. Wactor has a modeling past and has strutted his stuff on the runway. He appeared in the Crave Fashion Show and Charleston Fashion Week back in 2009.
7. Need someone to tell your troubles to? Wactor is your guy. He’s worked as a bartender at Toca Maders in Los Angeles, an upscale eatery that serves organic Mexican fare and cocktails. General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes.