Watching an episode of General Hospital has to have viewers scratching their heads, these days. There are so many things happening – or not happening – that either don’t make sense or are incredibly frustrating. Here are seven questions every General Hospital fan has to seriously be asking.
General Hospital Questions
1. Why, oh why, did the show kill off Franco Baldwin, only to bring Roger Howarth back as another character? Viewers were so invested in Franco and Elizabeth’s love story and the wonderful relationship he forged with her three sons. Absolutely destroying all that was not only unconscionable but so horribly sad.
2. Why won’t Hamilton Finn (Michael Easton) let Elizabeth Webber Baldwin (Rebecca Herbst) tell Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) what really happened to Peter August (Wes Ramsey)? If there’s anyone who can dispose of Peter’s body without anyone being the wiser it’s Jason. It would solve all of Finn and Elizabeth’s problems in one fell swoop, allowing them to move on from the unfortunate nightmare.
3. How many near-miss encounters between Sonny and a Port Charles citizen are fans going to have to endure before someone actually sees he’s alive and well? Jasper ‘Jax’ Jacks (Ingo Rademacher) chalked it up to his mind playing tricks on him. Trina Robinson (Sydney Mikayla) actually had a meal at The Tan-o, and Anna Devane (Finola Hughes) and Valentin Cassadine (James Patrick Stuart) were on the same floor of the same NYC hospital as him – all to no avail.
4. Why doesn’t anyone visit Lulu Falconeri (Emme Rylan)? Not Laura Collins (Genie Francis). Not Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms). Not Nikolas (Marcus Coloma). Not Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna). Yes, she’s in a coma, but she’s still alive and in a facility in New York City. You would think one of her loved ones would check in on her every now and then.
5. Speaking of Dante, why has he been in limbo, since he came back to Port Charles? There was so much anticipation over his return, but it’s fallen flat due to the lack of storyline. Frankly, he was far more interesting when he was tormented and recovering from PTSD at that WSB mental facility in Geneva.
6. If Sasha Gilmore (Sofia Mattsson) doesn’t want a baby with ties to the mob world, why does she keep getting involved with guys connected to the mob? First, she was madly in love with Michael Corinthos (Chad Duell), son of mafia boss Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard). Then she got hooked on opioids and started hanging out with drug lord Cyrus Renault (Jeff Kober), only to rebound with Brando (Johnny Wactor), who worked for Cyrus and is Sonny’s cousin.
7. Where’s Emma Scorpio-Drake (Brooklyn Silzer)? General Hospital upped its teen game when they recast Spencer Cassadine (Nicholas Alexander Chavez). But remember it was Emma who was the object of Spencer and Cameron Webber’s (William Lipton) affections and rivalry for years? Reuniting the former childhood pals without Emma is a huge missed opportunity.