Name: Vincent Irizarry
Daytime Role: Deimos Kiriakis on Days of our Lives (2015 to present)
Date of Birth: November 12, 1959
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: Has a son, Ash Harris, born May 3, 1989, from a previous relationship. Has a daughter, Siena, born March 6, 1990, from his marriage to Signy Coleman (ex-Celeste, Santa Barbara; ex-Hope, The Young and the Restless; ex-Annie, Guiding Light). Has two children from his marriage to Avalon House: daughter, Aria, born in 1997, and son, Elias, born in 2001
A born and bred New Yorker, Vincent Irizarry is one of six children. He developed an interest in the arts as a child and began studying classical piano and photography at age 11.
Irizarry realized he was destined for a career in acting while attending Berklee College of Music in Boston and appearing in productions with a regional theater company. He went on to earn a scholarship to the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
After several theater credits, including his first professional gig in The Death of Von Richtovan at the New York Shakespeare Festival, he landed his first daytime role as Brandon “Lujack” Luvanoczeck on Guiding Light in 1983.
Irizarry moved to Los Angeles upon leaving the soap and quickly found nighttime success, appearing in made-for-TV movies and the Jackie Collins miniseries Lucky Chances. He also landed the feature film Marie and worked with Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.
Eventually, he returned to his daytime roots, when he nabbed the part of Scott Clark on Santa Barbara. More soap work followed, including the roles of David Hayward on All My Children (and a brief crossover to One Life to Live) and David Chow on The Young and the Restless. He landed his sixth soap in 2015 when he was cast as Victor’s evil baby brother, Deimos Kiriakis, on Days of our Lives.
The twice-divorced actor currently resides in Los Angeles. He supports a number of charities, including Habitat for Humanity and Kiva.
- Made his daytime debut as Lujack Luvonaczek aka Brandon Spaulding on Guiding Light in 1983 and returned to the show for five years starting in 1991 as his twin, Nick McHenry. In one segment, he got to perform in a music video of Bruce Springsteen’s “Out in the Street”
- Played Sissy Spacek’s husband in the 1985 film Marie.
- Starred as Paul McCartney in the off-Broadway production Lennon.
- Won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2009 for his role as David on All My Children.
More About Vincent Irizarry
- Vincent Irizarry Spends Amazing Weekend Helping Non-Profit and Talking Emmys
- 44th Emmy Nominations Announced and Guess Who’s on the List!
- Deimos set to leave DOOL!
DAYS airs weekdays on NBC. Share your thoughts, leave a comment in the section below. Additionally, for more Days of Our Lives’ spoilers updates, recaps, and news, go to Soap Hub’s Facebook fanpage and join the conversation about all your favorite soaps!