Dr. Rolf is back on the Days of our Lives scene. However, a new actor is portraying the mad scientist and frequent resurrector of the dead. Veteran actor Richard Wharton has replaced William Utay in the role.
Richard Wharton Debuts On Days of our Lives
Wharton, who made his debut on July 22, has an impressive background. He’s guest starred on an array of primetime hits, including Will & Grace, The Drew Carey Show, Bones, Criminal Minds, American Crime Story, and more. He also had a recurring role on UnCorked.
Want to learn more about the actor? Here are seven things to know about Richard Wharton:
1. Wharton is a stage actor who hails from Chicago, IL. He’s been working in film and television in Los Angeles since 1998.
2. He’s not a newbie to daytime. Richard Wharton appeared on The Young and the Restless as a pawnbroker in 2008 and 2009. He also played a character named Yogi Hari in 2013.
3. Wharton began his career in 1986 when he appeared in the film Running Scared.
4. In 1988, he starred in the Sam Shepard play Seduced at the Immediate Theatre Company in Chicago. His performance earned him a nomination for a Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Principal Role in a Play
5. He’s a major hiker. In fact, he tends to log upwards of six miles a day, be it taking the Griffith Park trails or walking around the Hollywood Reservoir and Lake Hollywood.
6. You can follow Wharton on Instagram at @richardwharton.la. In fact, you’ll find numerous photos of his hiking adventures there.
7. Wharton achieved meme status courtesy of his gig in the Netflix comedy I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson, specifically the episode “I Need a Wet Paper Towel.” He made note of it on his Instagram page: “Thank you @ithinkyoushouldaffirm for making a meme of me from ITYSL Season 2 episode 6. I love it and am honored to have a post on your IG page. Laugh on!”
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!