Sal Stowers’s seven-year run (2015 to 2022) as Lani Price Grant on Days of our Lives was a long and winding one. She began as a by-the-book cop and ended as a murderer when she exited Salem to serve a prison sentence for shooting her biological father, TR Coates. Here are five fast facts on Lani Price.
Days of our Lives Lani Price Grant
1. Lani arrived in Salem in 2015 as a new rookie cop on the local police force with a keen interest in the town’s mayor, Abe Carver (James Reynolds). Lani eventually ‘fessed up that her mother was Abe’s old girlfriend, Tamara Price (Marilyn McCoo), and that he was her father. The twosome bonded, and Abe welcomed Lani to the family.
2. She’s always had a thing for cops. Lani was briefly involved with Shawn Brady (Brandon Beemer) and had a one-night fling with JJ Deveraux (Casey Moss) that led to the pair dating. Things hit a snag when Lani wrongly believed JJ had slept with Gabi Hernandez (Camila Banus). She countered by having a one-night stand with Eli Grant (Lamon Archey) that resulted in a pregnancy. After trying to pass the baby off as JJ’s, Lani told Eli the truth. Sadly, a medical crisis forced the child to be delivered prematurely, and he died.
3. Lani and Eli fell in love and got engaged. Things went awry when Lani shot Stefan (Brandon Barash) while trying to apprehend his mother, Vivian Alamain. When he was pronounced brain dead, a vengeful Gabi made Lani beg her to donate Stefan’s heart to save Eli’s grandmother, Julie Williams (Susan Seaforth Hayes). Gabi proceeded to control Julie’s heartbeats via a rigged pacemaker and threatened to kill her unless Lani dumped Eli on their wedding day. Lani had to oblige, breaking Eli’s heart. After running off to Europe and contemplating the nunnery, Lani returned to Salem to turn the tables on Gabi, who was about to marry Eli. Lani revealed Gabi’s twisted schemes, and Eli dumped her. Eli and Lani reconciled and wed; then welcomed twins, Jules and Carver, to their family.
4. Lani’s “aunt” Paulina (Jackée Harry) arrived in Salem and struck up a relationship with Abe, while they worked together to expand Horton Town Square. However, Lani and Abe were furious when they discovered Paulina’s real plans to demolish it. Paulina called things off, and, in time, Lani and Abe forgave her. However, Lani demanded complete honesty from her “aunt” moving forward. On Paulina and Abe’s wedding day, Lani learned an explosive secret when Chanel revealed that Paulina was really Lani’s birth mother. Lani rebuffed her for weeks before finally coming to terms with the truth and accepting Paulina as her mother.
5. TR Coates (William Christian) arrived in Salem and figured out that Lani was his daughter. Paulina warned Lani to steer clear of her abusive ex. Unfortunately, Eli ended up on the wrong side of a bullet when he tried to arrest TR for drug possession, and TR shot him in the head. Upon waking from a coma, Eli told Lani what her father had done. Lani raced to warn Paulina and found Abe knocked out on the floor and TR about to strike her mother. Outraged, Lani shot her biological father dead. Although Paulina attempted to take the blame, Lani eventually confessed to the crime and ended up going to prison.
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on Peacock+ in the U.S. and The W Network or Global TV App in Canada. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
The best place for true soap fans to be is our Facebook groups. Have you joined? If you love soap spoilers, gossip, and fans as dedicated as yourself, check them out!