When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: The Critic’s POV
Of course, Sloan (Jessica Serfaty) lost Eric’s baby. No matter who’s been in charge of Days of our Lives, it’s long seemed obvious that TPTB has never been interested in truly investing in the character and ensuring his legacy — which is a crying shame considering Eric is himself a legacy character born of a legendary DAYS supercouple.
While Sami has a plethora of children and grandchildren that could pop up on screen at any given moment, the same cannot be said for Eric. And while Nicole (Arianne Zucker) is still very much with his child, there’s no guarantee that Eric will ever be any the wiser. [Let us not forget that Mike Horton’s (last played by Roark Critchlow) true paternity remained a secret for eight years.]
What does a guy have to do to get a little bit of respect from the writer who holds his life in his hands?
Further DAYS Musings
* Best Days of our Lives Dialogue:
Melinda: “Please, you Salem U doctors violate HIPPA more than you change your scrubs.”
* I get it. Hardy har har. Carly, like her portrayer, Crystal Chappell, is now a filmmaker…but you mean to tell me that she just up and quit being a practicing doctor? Who does she think she is? One Life to Live‘s Dorian Lord? And Frankie (Billy Warlock), the former humanitarian/legal eagle is now a chocolatier? I just can’t.
* So…are we just done with the threat that Clint Rawlings (Grayson Berry) posed to the status quo? Has Paulina (Jackée Harry) officially been sworn in as mayor? Are we EVER going to revisit these plot points?
Also, is NO ONE going to address the fact that Sloan literally died on the floor of the hospital?
* Marlena (Deidre Hall) and Victor certainly shared a…complicated past, but I couldn’t help but feel that the way the relationship between the two was presented wasn’t actually indicative of how it was. For instance, I remember Victor being a BIG proponent of “Jarlena” back in the 90s.
* Was anyone else sickened to hear Eric declare that he’d “kill for a drink” considering it was his drunk driving that led to Daniel’s (Shawn Christian) death and Jennifer’s (Melissa Reeves) and Brady’s (Eric Martsolf) serious injuries?
* While I continue to find criminally underutilized Carson Boatman [Johnny DiMera] wholly appealing, I do not look forward to the inevitable Johnny/Chanel/Talia love triangle.
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on Peacock+ in the U.S. and The W Network or Global TV App in Canada. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!