When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: The Critic Ponders
Those flashbacks of Bo (Peter Reckell) and Hope (Kristian Alfonso) were really rather wonderful and all, but how unnecessary to present the montage in two consecutive episodes — I get it, DAYS used to be so much better. Stop rubbing it in!
And what saints Shawn’s (Brandon Beemer) loved ones must be because I don’t think I could be so quick to forgive him for shooting Bo in the back when he didn’t even have the gun leveled at Hope (Kristian Alfonso)! Why did he shoot to kill rather than say, oh I don’t know, putting a bullet in his dad’s leg or even taking a moment to really assess the situation?
Oh, right, contrived, artificial drama was needed to ratchet up the tension.
Further DAYS Musings
* Are we safe in assuming that the father of Chelsea’s baby-to-be is Max? Also, awwwwww another addition to the Brady brood.
* Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin) and Xander (Paul Telfer)? Salem’s answer to The Odd Couple? I’m here for it!
* Finally, a mention of Clairebear!
* How gratifying it was to hear Brady (Eric Martsolf) and Eric (Greg Vaughan) — especially Eric — cop to not be the best of partners to, respectively Chloe and Nicole (Arianne Zucker).
* Jada (Elia Cantu) gets a point for deducing that Talia (Aketra Sevillian) is actually the most likely culprit in the dosing of the biscuit dough, but her logic results in a deduction of half a point. Talia might indeed be a doctor, but she doesn’t actually have access to the drug in that compacity. She doesn’t work at University Hospital and it’s not like she has a prescription pad to right out a script.
That argued, how did Talia get her hands on that drug? Did Colin (Jasper Newman) — he of the unsound plan [what’s he going to do if Sloan (Jessica Serfaty) is fingered as the evil-doer?] and mind — procure it?
* Stop! You’re telling me that not only are they going to live together, but snapping, snipping Nicole and EJ (Dan Feuerriegel) and Stefan (Brandon Barash) and Gabi (Camila Banus) are going to toil alongside each other at DiMera Enterprises? That’s just too much soapy goodness.
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on Peacock+ in the U.S. and The W Network or Global TV App in Canada. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!