When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the DAYS week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
The course of true love never runs smooth on a soap opera – and that’s a fact that Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) is learning the hard way. He found out that his presumed dead spouse was alive but not so well, and just hours after rescuing her from a psychopath, he’s discovered that she’s suffering from selective amnesia.
It’s a shame for Ben, but it’s glorious for devotes of classic storytelling tropes. This is a great example of how you cleverly separate your super couple while still ensuring their continued involvement with one another. No doubt this will prove just as effective as Kimberly’s (Patsy Pease) hysterical blindness, or Kayla’s (Mary Beth Evans) deafness, or Mickey Horton’s (John Clarke) complete nervous collapse.
And speaking of couplings in serious jeopardy, thanks to Kristen’s (Stacy Haiduk) hijinks – not to mention actress Linsey Godfrey’s decision to vacate her role as Sarah – Xander (Paul Telfer) is utterly convinced that the love of his life has cheated on and abandoned him. And for her sleazy ex-husband no less. It’s enough to cause a reformed bad boy to backslide into debauchery…
Further DAYS Musings
* Just how many face altering masks and voice-altering chips does Ms. DiMera possess, you may ask. Apparently, it’s the correct amount. And while we’re on the subject of Kristen, how overly confident must she have been to actually sit in the Brady Pub, decked out in her Sarah disguise, and speak, quite loudly we may add, in Susan Banks’ (Stacy Haiduk) voice?
* So, according to Sami (Alison Sweeney), she’s 99.4% sure that Allie’s (Lindsay Arnold) guilty of Charlie’s (Mike Manning) murder, and that explains why she’s being such a pain in the SPD’s neck.
What happens when Allie confesses to stealing Grandma Kate’s (Lauren Koslow) gun and then throwing it away and/or losing it – because we all know that’s where the story is headed. Will Sami just suddenly say, oh by the way I didn’t actually do anything? Sorry for the bother?
* Did anyone else feel that Abby (Marci Miller) forgave Chad (Billy Flynn) far too quickly and far too easily? He doled out some half-assed apologies and heaped most of the blame for his infidelity on his wife, and then just because he covered for her when Gwen (Emily O’Brien) called foul after a physical altercation and set up a couples counseling session he’s suddenly back to being Abby’s hero?
* Are we really expected to believe that Ava (Tamara Braun) has no cash reserves? Also, where does she expect Tripp (Lucas Adams) to reside now that she’s lost her apartment? At Rafe’s (Galen Gering)? Back at his dad and Kayla’s place?
* Color us incredibly impressed with the extreme DiMera and Kiriakis mansion redesigns. Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.