When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
MarDevil (Deidre Hall), where art thou? It’s been a full week without you, and I am one sad critic. Your brand of off-the-cuff humor would have been the balm needed to get me, and many a Days of our Lives fan, through Chloe Lane’s (Nadia Bjorlin) sniveling over Brady Black (Eric Martsolf) and Philip Kiriakis’s (Jay Kenneth Johnson) ridiculous predicaments.
The only good thing that has come out of that whole storyline, was watching Belle Brady (Martha Madison) go toe-to-toe with Melinda Trask (Tina Huang ), who’s got a real bee in her bonnet where Brady is concerned, and emerging victorious. You do NOT mess with Tink when she is on a roll.
(Though I wonder if I’m the only one surprised at how blasé Belle seems at the prospect of Philip being dead? Wasn’t he suppose to be the second greatest love of her life? I mean, the guy’s no Shawn Douglas Brady [Brandon Beemer], but still, one would think Belle would be just a trifle bit upset.)
Further DAYS Musings
* As excited as I was for Hurricane Sami’s (Alison Sweeney) return to the Days of our Lives canvas, the whole thing felt a little…stale?…uninspired?…disappointing? Yea, let’s go with disappointing.
* Can someone please explain to me Gabi Hernandez DiMera’s (Camila Banus) obsession with becoming Titan’s next CEO? Girl created her own internationally renowned clothing line. Why doesn’t she just continue to grow GabiChic into a powerhouse brand?
That being said, I’m really anxious to see whether or not she and Jake DiMera (Brandon Barash) can maneuver Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) onto the DiMera Enterprises board. I can picture the looks on EJ DiMera’s (Dan Feuerriegel) and Kate Roberts’s (Lauren Koslow) faces, and they are glorious!
* I never thought about it those exact terms before, but Sami and Nicole Walker Brady (Arianne Zucker) are indeed DAYS’ answer to Krystle Carrington and Alexis Carrington Colby, fighting for Blake Carrington (or at least season one’s Blake, back when he possessed a dark side not dissimilar to EJ’s) on the 1981 version of Dynasty.
* Is it at all humanly possible to put a moratorium on the male characters labeling their female counterparts “whores” “bitches” “sluts” “streetwalkers” and any and all other untoward descriptors? Verbal abuse such as this has become far too commonplace on Days of our Lives.
* The chemistry between Roman Brady (Josh Taylor) and Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow) is still mighty evident…but the Days of our Lives writers really did the couple’s offspring a disservice. Eric Brady (Greg Vaughan), Carrie Brady (Christie Clark), Philip, and Lucas Horton were namechecked, and Rex was mentioned, but Billie Reed and Cassie Brady weren’t given the same courtesy (neither was Austin Reed, but we’re gonna give DAYS the benefit of the doubt, and assume they think of Carrie and Austin as a package deal; mention one, mention both).
* Remember when Ava Vitali (Tamara Braun) was so desperate to find a job? Might I suggest an actress? She’s got Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) snowed but good with her innocent hausfrau routine.
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.