When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the DAYS week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
If there was one takeaway from this week’s episodes, it’s that the DiMera family tree is complicated. Gabi Hernandez DiMera (Camila Banus) attempted to help us out with that handy dandy whiteboard; ditto Tony (Thaao Penghlis) and Chad DiMera (Billy Flynn) who used chess pieces as stand-ins.
Another takeaway is just how complicated the whole divvying up of company shares has become. Sure, it makes sense that as Stefano DiMera’s heirs Tony, Chad, and EJ (Dan Feuerriegel) would have some. And as DiMera widows, it’s only right that Gabi and Kate (Lauren Koslow) would have a stake.
But why wasn’t the same true of Sonia, Benjy Hawk’s widow? Benjy was Stefano’s son, so surely she would have gotten something…right? We do know that Benjy and Sonia’s son, Steven, has shares…do they include Sonia’s?
And what about Lexi Carver, Stefano’s daughter? Did son Theo Carver inherit her shares? Or does he have his own, and Lexi’s passed to hubby Abe (James Reynolds)? Yeah, our head is hurting now too.
But one more q. Why did Kristen DiMera (Stacy Haiduk) have to phone in her vote? Couldn’t she just give her proxy to EJ or Chad?
Further DAYS Musings
* While we’re on the subject of DiMera sons, can we just take a moment to delight in the fact that Peter Blake is officially out of jail? And can we now humbly request that he return to Salem and seriously shake things up?
* Julie Williams (Susan Seaforth Hayes) is not a stupid woman. So, with that in mind, how did she not wonder why Xander Cook’s (Paul Telfer) supposedly inebriated friend didn’t smell of alcohol? In fact, she got so close to the man’s face that she should have been able to tell that he wasn’t breathing.
All that being said, we admit that it was a hilarious scene. In fact, the entire farce, which culminated in Gwen Rizczech (Emily O’Brien) and Xander forced to watch cartoons while Dr. Snyder’s (Michael Lowry) corpse rested at their feet, was the highlight of the entire week.
* Almost as entertaining was Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) and Lucas Horton’s (Bryan Dattilo) first “We Hate EJ” club meeting. Here’s hoping that it will be the first of many… We also wouldn’t mind seeing the two of them actually make that bowling date with EJ!
* Best blink-and-you-missed-it scene: Sami Brady DiMera (Alison Sweeney) swiping Lucas’s breakfast platter.
* Anyone else of the opinion that Chloe Lane (Nadia Bjorlin) should just leave both Philip Kiriakis (Jay Kenneth Johnson) AND Brady Black (Eric Martsolf) in her rearview mirror and find herself a man who doesn’t have the time to act like an entitled brat?
* While it was nice to hear the shoutout to the never-seen Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston), it wound up reminding us that it’s been ages since he and his wife Maggie (Suzanne Rogers) have been on our screens.
* Another week, another fraught moment between Allie Horton (Lindsay Arnold) and Chanel Price (Precious Way). Any chance that the show will actually “go there” with these two?
And in another example of wash, rinse, repeat: Paulina Price (Jackée Harry) gets praised heaped upon her for what she’s supposedly doing with the town square, and then she immediately proceeds to take a furtive walkthrough of said square.
Dear writers, please get to the point with the storyline already! Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.