When Jackee Harry makes her Days of Our Lives debut, she’ll be accompanied by a beautiful young daughter named Chanel, and Precious Way will be debuting in the role.
The daytime newbie, who hails from Chicago, grew up in K-Town on the west side. She has an interesting past as a social media influencer with ties to the music world. Want more insight into Way? Here are 7 things to know about her.
Getting to Know Precious Way
1. Instagram is her main jam. You can find her @luvprecious way. In fact, she has over 69,000 followers awaiting her every post and commenting on all of them.
2. Way loves to rap. She calls it her “outlet” and a way to connect with her fans and bring her story to the world. She released the video single, Watch Me Go, in 2017, which features her wandering into a video game-themed fantasy land.
3. She got her big acting break via a nationwide casting call at 2020’s American Black Film Festival. It was there that MC Lyte found his co-lead for the sitcom Partners In Rhyme, the upcoming scripted original series set to run on AMC Network streamer UMC.
4. Way may rap like a boss, but she describes herself as shy. “Sometimes my hands be getting sweaty in like the weirdest circumstances,” she says. “There are times you won’t hear a word come out of my mouth.”
5. As for artists who have influenced her, Way says there are many. Among those she ranks at the top are Misty, Jay-Z, and H*A*M.
6. Way’s hope is to leave her mark on the music world, a la Tupac and Lauren Hill. She has said they told stories through music and she wants everyone to one day know her story through music, as well.
7. Besides rapping and acting, Way spends a lot of her free time writing. In fact, she notes that she wants to write movies and is “always” working toward that goal. Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.