Steve Johnson and Kayla Brady Johnson’s long-missing daughter, Stephanie Johnson, will resurface – first on Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem and then segue to the main NBC soap. Abigail Klein has been cast in the role, last played by Shelley Hennig.
Get To Know Abigail Klein
While the Dallas, TX native’s daytime experience is limited – she had a one-day stint as a nanny on The Young and the Restless back in 2011 – she has a list of impressive credits. Klein’s guested on the primetime series 90210, American Housewife, GLOW, S.W.A.T., and more. She’s also appeared in the films That’s My Boy, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Butterfly Caught.
Want to learn more about the actress? Here are seven things to know about the new gal who will soon hit Salem.
1. Klein was a member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 2007 to 2010. She’d always been a fan of the team and loved dancing, so it was a perfect fit. She actually appeared on the reality TV series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team before she joined the squad.
2. She’s a blonde who’s gone brunette for her DAYS role. It’s an understandable move, considering her predecessor in the role had dark brown hair.
3. After retiring from professional dancing, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue her true dream: becoming an actress. She promptly began taking acting classes and auditioning.
4. Klein married Christopher Armstrong on October 22, 2016. Back in 2020, she posted this special anniversary tribute to her husband on Instagram: “I will forever cherish the gift of time with you the most. Thank you for the limitless laughter and love.”
5. During the Covid-19 quarantine shut-down, Klein spent time writing, developing, and pitching her own projects, including a comedy series she created with three friends.
6. If you’re a fan of Lifetime holiday movies, you might recognize Klein from 2020’s Christmas on Ice. She tackled the starring role of Courtney Bennett, a former ice-skating champion who runs her small town’s outdoor ice-skating rink and has to devise a plan to save it after the mayor announces plans to close it.
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.