Having survived “death” twice – first, from a bullet to the chest; then, from being trapped in a horrific fire — EJ DiMera is set to resurface on Days of our Lives, and Dan Feuerriegel will be tackling the complicated role of Sami Brady’s great love.
Get To Know Dan Feuerriegel
The daytime newcomer will make his debut on June 9, replacing James Scott, who created the character and played him from 2006 to 2014. Want some intel on the actor? Here are seven things to know about Dan Feuerriegel.
1. He was born in Sydney, Australia, on October 29, 1981, which means EJ will be shifting accents. Remember, he originally had an English one under the direction of the UK-born Scott.
2. Family and friends call Daniel Gregory Feuerriegel Dan. He also has been dubbed with an interesting nickname: Fury King.
3. He is best known for his portrayal of chief lieutenant Agron in the STARZ drama Spartacus. The character was involved in a same-sex relationship with fellow warrior Nasir (Pana Hema Taylor), a popular storyline on the series.
4. Feuerriegel originally had a different career dream and actually began studying at a college in Brisbane to become a vet. However, he soon realized it wasn’t what he wanted to do and took six months off. A friend recommended he audition for acting school, and he decided to give it try after having “a little moment” watching the James Van Der Beek-led film, Varsity Blues. “I had an innate feeling of, Oh my God. That’s what I want to do,” says Feuerriegel.
5. Back in 2019, Feuerriegel co-hosted the podcast Romy and Dan’s High School Reunion with actress Romy Park. Their weekly segments featured chats with people from all walks of life within the entertainment industry and beyond. You can check it out here.
6. He does more than just act. Feuerriegel also wrote the 48-page, cyberpunk crime graphic novel, Fractured Shards. It follows detective Sebastian Vetro solving cases in a dystopian future, where the world is separated into the glittering paradise of the Lights and the slums of the District.
7. Feuerriegel has amassed quite a presence on Instagram. In fact, he boasts over 61,000 followers. Check out what he has to say on his page here. Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.