Days of our Lives went out with a bang before breaking for the Summer Olympics. Some major storylines reached their peaks, leaving viewers on the edge of their seats and eager to find out what happens next.
Days of our Lives Burning Questions
Yet, despite the show’s writing wizardry, there are still a few things that continue to confound its audience. Here are seven questions every Days of our Lives fan has to be asking.
1. Is the Hope Brady Hernandez (Kristian Alfonso) situation ever going to be resolved? She vanished from Salem without a trace, albeit for a good reason. She was searching for Ciara Brady, clinging to the hope that her daughter might not be dead. But Ciara’s back, alive and well, so why wouldn’t her mama have followed her home? Keeping Hope in South Africa just doesn’t make any sense.
2. Speaking of Ciara, what’s happening with actress Victoria Konefal? Is she going to sign a new contract, so a new meaty “Cin” plot can be scripted? At the moment, the soap’s writers’ hands are tied. They can only pen snippets of Ciara and Ben’s (Robert Scott Wilson) story. Having Ciara constantly coming and going is dizzying and not what fans want to see.
3. Why did the soap kill off Adrienne, if they were only going to bring Judi Evans back as lookalike Bonnie, and then re-pair her with Wally Kurth’s Justin? The move destroyed a beloved 80s supercouple and cost Steve (Stephen Nichols) and Jack (Matthew Ashford) their little sister and sweet sibling scenes together.
4. What happens when Marci Miller returns as Abigail? Is she going to move into the DiMera mansion with her estranged husband, Chad DiMera (Billy Flynn), his brother and her ex-lover, EJ DiMera (Dan Feuerriegel), and EJ’s wife, Sami Brady DiMera (Alison Sweeney)? It has the potential for the kind of combustible living situation that would rival Big Brother.
5. When is Jennifer Horton Deveraux going to wrap up Laura Horton’s estate and return to Salem? The Horton house isn’t the same without her. Plus, she and Jack Deveraux had just reconciled. Jen’s sorely missed and needed back home. And when and if she does resurface, who’ll be playing her? Will it be longtime fan favorite Melissa Reeves or Cady McClain, who just snagged a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Guest Performer?
6. Where exactly is Sarah Horton (Linsey Godfrey)? When last seen, Kristen DiMera had stuffed her into a crate, supposedly bound for DiMera Island. Is she alive? Is she dead? Isn’t anybody questioning the fact that they haven’t heard from her – in months? Hopefully, once Maggie Horton Kiriakis (Suzanne Rogers) resurfaces, the mystery might finally be solved.
7. Have viewers seen the last of Greg Vaughan? Is he really gone for good as Eric Brady, now that his marriage to Nicole Walker Brady (Arianne Zucker) was so brutally terminated? The pair’s poignant breakup scenes were raw and real. So at the very least, they got a dynamite ending to their 30-year love story. And, after a year in limbo, the fiery Nicole can finally move forward.
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.