When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review
There sure was a whole lot of truth being spoken on this week’s Bold and the Beautiful, from John “Finn” Finnegan (Tanner Novlan) admonishing Sheila Carter (Kimberlin Brown) for, “Always blaming others for what you set in motion,” to Deacon Sharpe (Sean Kanan) pointedly wondering to Taylor Hayes (Krista Allen), “Why the Hell does [Ridge] get to make all the rules…He is married to Brooke…why does he get to dictate who you see?” I’d particularly like an answer to that latter question.
I’d also like to why, if world-renowned psychiatrist Taylor is so worried that her and Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye) suddenly turning up might impede Steffy Forrester Finnegan’s (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) progress, are she and Ridge making the trip to Monaco in the first place – especially when Steffy’s doctor flat out told them she didn’t think it was a good idea. Oh, that’s right! Ridge doesn’t think anybody’s opinion but his matters, and he made up his mind that seeing her parents was exactly what Steffy needed.
Further B&B Musings
* I must admit that I was pleased to see The Bold and the Beautiful proceed at such a clipped pace…if only there had been B and C storylines to take the place of some of the more reiterative dialogue.
* I suspect that wee Kelly is going to grow up with a very skewed concept of death.
* Man, no one involved in the filming of Friday’s episode made much effort to conceal the fact the woman that Finn happened upon wasn’t Steffy, huh? Couldn’t they have at least made sure to dress the actress in the same unsuitable-for-strolling outfit that MacInnes Wood wore?
* Poor, poor Mike Guthrie (Ken Hanes). He finally gets the kiss, but he doesn’t get the girl…just a jail sentence.
* Things That Made Me Go, “Huh?” – How is it that Li Finnegan (Naomi Matsuda) couldn’t remember the name/address of the hotel she stashed Finn? Why is it that neither Li nor Finn thought to mention to Bill that Sheila had a partner-in-crime? For that matter, why didn’t Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton) clue in Deputy Chief Baker (Dan Martin)
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.