Thanks to another run-in with the mother-in-law from hell, The Bold and the Beautiful’s Steffy Forrester has packed up her kids and jetted off to Rome to keep her family safe. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood’s maternity leave dictated the storyline move. The actress recently gave birth to her fourth child – another son.
The soap won’t be nearly as dynamic or vibrant without her. Here are five things we’ll miss about B&B dynamo Steffy Forrester.
1. MacInnes Wood has become the show’s premiere leading lady. She’s won two Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress (2019 and 2021) for her work on the soap and was nominated again in 2023. She’s the bombshell beauty every soap covets with an outstanding talent to match. Take her off the canvas, and B&B loses a big chunk of its wow factor.
2. The Finn/Steffy love story has become one of the soap’s most compelling. Finn’s (Tanner Novlan) emotional pleas for his wife to come home after she moved in with her grandfather, Eric (John McCook), to keep the kids away from Sheila (Kimberlin Brown) provided such riveting, heartfelt drama. The push-pull between Steffy and Finn will be sorely missed as they struggle to overcome the obstacle that threatens their future together.
3. Forrester family moments will be lacking without Steffy on the scene. She has such a special father-daughter relationship with Ridge (Thorsten Kaye) and a unique bond with her mother, Taylor (Krista Allen). And nobody keeps Thomas (Matthew Atkinson) in line better than his little sister. She’s the glue that holds the clan together.
4. Steffy’s face-offs with Sheila have become must-see TV. She never backs down from her husband’s psychotic mother, even when she probably should. (Why poke a certifiably crazy bear?) The duo have become one of the show’s greatest adversaries. With Steffy away, Sheila will have no one to go head-to-head with or blame her problems on.
5. For weeks, Liam (Scott Clifton) has been consumed with all things Steffy. It’s all he thinks about and talks about, be it to his brother, Wyatt (Darin Brooks), or dad, Bill (Don Diamont). And when he’s not talking about Steffy, he’s running over to see her and trying to insinuate himself back into her life. Unfortunately, viewers won’t get to see Steffy turn him away for a while or tell him she’s totally in love with and committed to Finn.
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest posts on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!