When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review’
Exactly how old is Hope Logan Spencer (Annika Noelle) supposed to be on The Bold and the Beautiful? We assumed she was a grown woman, given all the marriages, the children she’s raising, and the thriving career, but we were apparently wrong. Grown women don’t go running to their mommies begging for permission to see their daddies. They just do it.
There has been nothing more pathetic as of late, than watching Hope plead with Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang) to let her see Deacon Sharpe (Sean Kanan). Thank God little Miss Goody Two-shoes had the wherewithal to remind Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye) that Deacon – not he – was her actual father.
Oh, and Ridge, you did NOT raise Hope. You were NOT there for her or Brooke when Brooke kicked Deacon out of Hope’s life. If any man raised her, it was your brother, Nick Marone; and he did a fairly good job – that one time he let Hope drown in a hot tub notwithstanding.
And speaking of Ridge, did anyone else note him mansplaining to Brooke and Hope that they were just too “emotional” to understand that he was just trying to help them? How about him dubbing Hope selfish for wanting Deacon in her life because it makes Brooke feel bad to be reminded what a tramp she was, and how bad she screwed up with Bridget. What kind of thought process is that?
Further B&B Critic’s Musings
* Dear Bold and Beautiful, We understand that you are desperately seeking a place for Paris Buckingham (Diamond White) for…reasons…but perhaps you should work on developing her into a real character instead of this walking Disney Princess that she’s so far been written as.
* Truer Words:
Hope to Liam: I understand that my father has done things he’s not proud of, but so has yours. And yet, we let Bill around the kids…[Bill’s] latest stunt landed the two of you in jail, and yet, he’s still around.
* We’ve asked this before, and we will ask it again…where is Sheila getting all the cash she’s spending on hotel rooms and lunches at Il Giardino?
* Who’s the bigger hypocrite here? Steffy Forrester (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood), who once benefited from Deacon’s chicanery, screeching like a fishwife about how dare Hope even consider letting him around her kids OR Justin “I Locked Thomas In A Cage” Barber (Aaron D. Spears) who had the audacity to call Deacon, “bad news.”
* Why exactly did Quinn Fuller Forester (Rena Sofer) feel the need to seek out Carter Walton (Lawrence Saint-Victor) and tell him, in not so many words, “Yea, we had lots of fun together, and I really liked you, but I just couldn’t choose you”? Was she just looking for something to do, and decided that she’d twist the knife in Carter’s heart a skosh?
That being said, Quinn had a valid point when asked of Katie Logan (Heather Tom), “So, Carter gets cut some slack, but when it comes to me I’m completely irredeemable? Talk about a double standard.”
* What in the world led John “Finn” Finnegan (Tanner Novlan) to conclude that Deacon might be his biological father? Talk about a leap of logic.
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.