Tanner Novlan — A Biography
Tanner Novlan was born in the town of Paradise Hill, Saskatchewan, Canada. At the age of 18, Novlan left the family farm and headed to Los Angeles to become an actor. He quickly took up modeling in print campaigns for Guess and Tommy Hilfiger while taking acting classes and going on auditions.
The young actor began piling on television credits such as Roswell: New Mexico, Modern Family, Letterkenny, Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, and Parenthood. Films include Flatbush Luck, Fallen Stars, Ice: The Movie, Christmas Sweethearts, and Christmas Class Reunion. He also may be most recognized as the “Bad Actor” in the hilarious Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial.
In July of 2020, Novlan joined the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful as Dr. John “Finn” Finnegan. The good doctor treated Steffy Forrester after a motorcycle accident. The couple fell in love, and he became interwoven into the fabric of the Forrester, Logan, and Spencer families.
Novlan has been married to actress Kayla Ewell since 2015 and they have a daughter named Poppy Marie and a son named Jones Douglas. Fun side note: Ewell was once a contract player on The Bold and the Beautiful, having played Caitlin Ramírez.
- Tanner Novlan’s Birthday is April 9.
- His family has a 3,500-acre wheat and canola farm in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- The Bold and the Beautiful is his mom’s favorite show.
- His family’s dog was named Thorne.
- Plays hockey once or twice a week with a team called the Bad Boys Skate team.
- He is a big fan of the Edmonton Oilers.