Birth Name: William “Billy” Flynn
Birth Place: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Billy Flynn’s interest in acting began as a child. He has fond memories of watching The Sound of Music with his great-grandmother and singing along with the actors. Flynn’s first theatrical performance as the gingerbread man in an elementary school production, however, didn’t go well as he was overcome with stage fright.
Flynn concentrated on sports in high school, where he was an all-star football and hockey player. After graduation, he earned a degree in finance from St. Cloud State University.
After interning at UBS, Flynn worked as a financial analyst at Accenture. In 2010, he joined Warner Bros. Studios as a financial analyst and was slowly drawn back to acting. So he decided to pursue it full-time.
Soon, Flynn booked a commercial and landed roles in two short films. After a guest spot on Hawaii Five-0, he was cast as Chad DiMera on Days of our Lives and has never looked back. He recently added a role in The Dangerous Type alongside Garret Dillahunt and Tipper Newton to his resume.
Flynn has a passion for hockey and football and loves spending time with his close friends and family. Billy loves to travel back to Minnesota to visit his mother, Kim, stepfather, Steve, and four brothers.
Flynn resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Gina Comparetto, and their beloved cats.
- Won the role of Chad over 350 other hopefuls. He signed on in 2014 as Chad DiMera, his first big break.
- Was in an acting workshop with Christopher Sean. Both actors also worked on Hawaii Five-0 prior to Days.
- Worked opposite Melanie Griffith in CBS series Hawaii Five-0.
- Asked his wife to marry him on his birthday, October 29, 2015.
- Shares a passion for funky socks with co-star Lauren Koslow, which the wardrobe department implemented with his character.
- A memorable gift from a fan was a Tequila Beer Bong game.
- Before getting the role of Chad, Billy had a crush on Ali Sweeney from watching her hosting The Biggest Loser.
- Steve – Stepfather
- Kim – Mother
- Gina Comparetto – Wife
Life changed for Billy Flynn when he joined the cast of Days of our Lives as Chad DiMera on September 12, 2004. He always wanted to be an actor but fear held him back.
A bad case of stage fright drove him to sports and, later a financial analyst at Warner Bros., but luckily, Chad remembered how much joy acting gave him and pursued it full time. He booked an episode of Hawaii Five O, and then he signed on as Chad. The rest is history.
Billy Flynn Photos
Actor (1 Credits)
Days of Our Lives (TV Show)
13203 — 2017
13202 — 2017
13201 — 2017