Birth Name: Allison Mills
Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois
Alley Mills was born on May 9, 1951, in Chicago, Illinois. Although she graduated from Yale in 1973, Mills went on to study acting at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
She was still in college when she landed her first film role in the film Diary of a Mad Housewife in 1970.
Alley found steady and diverse work in television working on such shows as Barefoot in the Park, The Waltons, Hill Street Blues, Dr. Quinn; Medicine Woman, Lou Grant, Touched by an Angel, Profiler and Newhart, but it was her work as Norma Arnold on The Wonder Years that made her a household name.
Mills has a passion for Theatre and fits in stage work as often as she can.
Her husband Orson share her love of the arts and the two have starred in several productions together, such as Candida, There’s One In Every Marriage, Hogan’s Goat and Alright Then. The talented couple are members of the Pacific Resident Theater in Venice, CA.
- May 9, 1951 — Birthdate
- Two Siblings
- Father was an NBC television exec, mother an art editor at American Heritage magazine.
- Made TV debut on The Patti Page Show in 1959
- Performed as a child at the prestigious Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts.
- Practiced Buddhism before becoming a Christian.
- Along with her husband, is a collector of Americana folk art; classic restaurant and retail signs decorate the couple’s backyard.
- Was one of the first female undergraduates at Yale University, and while studying there, she once found a lost painting by Frederick Church in a school cellar. The artwork later sold for $1.5 million.
- Ted Mills — Father
- Joan Paterson Kerr — Mother
- Chester Kerr — Stepfather
- Genevieve — Stepmother
- Hilary Mills Loomis — Sister
- Tony Mills — Brother
- Orson Bean — Husband
- Susie Susannah Bean — Stepdaughter
- David Birney — Ex-significant Other
More on Alley Mills
- Soap Opera Digest: The 411 On Alley Mills
- The Doctors: Alley Mills’ Secret To Youthful Skin
- LA Times: Alley Mills and her husband, Orson Bean, Enjoy Venice
- Collider.com: Alley Mills Looks Back on Wonder Years
- KCET: Alley Mills and Orson Bean, Actors and Residents
- TV Guide: Alley Mills on Pam
- Hollywood TV: Alley Gives Motherly Advice
- The Doctors: Alley Mills on Playing a TV Mom
The uber talented Alley Mills is perhaps best known for her role as Norma Arnold on the Emmy Award-winning series The Wonder Years, but has been a working actress, producer and singer since 1965.
Her extensive credits in theater over the years. Mills joined the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful as Stephanie’s sister Pam Douglas on December 1, 2006.
Alley Mills Photos
Actor (17 Credits)
The Bold and the Beautiful (TV Show)
7703 — 2017
7702 — 2017
7701 — 2017
Yes, Dear (TV Show)
Shirley Cooks with Love — 2004
March Madness — 2003
We're Having a Baby — 2002
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (TV Show)
What a Witch Wants; Soul Mates — 2003
Soul Mates — 2003
The Whole Ball of Wax — 2002
Jane White Is Sick & Twisted (Movie)Mrs. White 2003
Girlfriends (TV Show)
Don't Leave Me a Loan — 2002Bess Searcy 2002
Popular (TV Show)
Consequences of Falling — 2000Robin John 2000
Profiler (TV Show)
Inheritance — 1999Amber Wiley 1999
Touched by an Angel (TV Show)
Last Dance — 19981998
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (TV Show)
Lead Me Not — 1997
When a Child Is Born — 1996
When a Child Is Born — 1996
The Wonder Years (TV Show)
Independence Day — 1993
Reunion — 1993
The Little Women — 1993
I Married Dora (TV Show)
West Coast Story — 1987
Where There's a Will, There's No Way — 1987
Going Berserk (Movie)Nancy Reese 1983
Making the Grade (TV Show)
Guess Who's Coming to Class — 1982
Pilot — 1982
Hill Street Blues (TV Show)
Personal Foul — 1982Tracy 1982
The Associates (TV Show)
The Party — 1980
The Censors — 1980
Danko's a Daddy — 1980
Diary Of A Mad Housewife (Movie)OWomen's Lib Girl 1970
Julia (TV Show)
Gone With the Draft
Homework Isn't Housework
Guest (2 Credits)
Health Secrets From Your Favorite TV Moms! — 20132013
Weakest Link (TV Show)
TV Moms — 20022002